Controversial opinions on metal

The Chasm is zero brilliance (at least what I heard)

You have a case with early At The Gates. I go back and forth with TRITSIO every time I listen to it though. I do acknowledge its major influence though.

My feelings weren't hurt

I have a feeling there will be a barrage of responses like 'Faggot!', 'Stop listening to metal', 'You have shitty taste!', 'An hero', etc as responses to my posts about The Chasm when I wake up tomorrow.

Cheers!

I like 'Spell' but I do find it to be one of their weakest overall, it has some filler IMO.......now, if you can get your hands on the 'Reaching the Veil of Death' EP, which is fairly easy to find in most online places, that's a much more excellent starting point that will give you a really good idea of what The Chasm is.

lol wtf @ *anyone* not liking autopsy.

i remember a time when i thought suffocation were worthless 'cause they lacked atmosphere or something. total stupidity. not that they're the best DM band ever, that's fucking pushing it a lot. :err:
Death metal is varied enough that there's probably room for a couple different best ever candidates. Suffocation in my mind is the best of its type and personally is my favorite of the classic death metal bands. I can easily see though someone who approaches death metal from a different angle as me would choose another band.

I was kind of impressed of Psycroptic's new album. Took some getting use to at first since their new material is abit different but it's quite enjoyable. Songs like A Caluculated effort, Immortal Army of One, and the title song Ob(Servant) really get my adrenaline going. Also I think its one of the best albums released last year to throw a huge mosh party to if you know what I mean my personal opinion of course.

Why do people say this? It's fucking stupid.

The Spell of Retribution

I don't download either, so there's no way I'm going to hear any of the older material unless I acquire it somehow or it is given to me by someone.

It isn't even remotely hard to find their material, barring the first two which I'm convinced have vanished from existence. I hadn't payed any more than 12 dollars for any of their albums.

www.metalpricewatch.com

and I think it is fair to echo no country here. Judging an entire band based upon their most recent album out of a discography spanning six and soon to be seven albums is a symptom of massive faggotry.

I never said I was covering my ass. It's not like other people here haven't done the same thing anyway, so how is this any different other than the fact that I have 'shit' taste to the majority of you here?

no, no they don't. Autopsy - Mental Funeral alone owns CC's entire catalogue.

It's kind of ridiculous to even compare the two. CC has some decent stuff, but Autopsy are just miles and miles ahead. Severed Survival and Mental Funeral are both dominating albums