Controversial opinions on metal

Grindcore would be more of a progression from (sludge?) like CoC.

Grindcore came from bands combining 80's hardcore, early extreme metal bands like Celtic Frost and the heavy, grinding post-punk/post-industrial bands like early Swans and SPK. You should read the wonderful interviews from Napalm Death on where their sound came from.

Sludge came from hardcore, and it's pretty obvious if you look at the other bands that early sludge musicians played in. Not to mention the obvious similarities and shared traits.

It's usually pretty important in life to be well educated on things you strongly like and dislike to know exactly why you do either, so you end up looking like a dumbass less of the time. :p

for someone who dislikes grindcore you sure know quite a bit about it.

I try to avoid hating things out of ignorance, because that's stupid. I listened to quite a bit of grindcore before deciding that the genre doesn't interest me at all. It sounds ridiculous and stupid to me without exception.

So do a lot of other things that I dislike. It's not like it actually sounds like one of their albums or something.

I try to avoid hating things out of ignorance, because that's stupid. I listened to quite a bit of grindcore before deciding that the genre doesn't interest me at all. It sounds ridiculous and stupid to me without exception.

ORLY

2699.jpg