Controversial opinions on metal

Now for being with Ozzy all this time I totally think Zakk sounds totally awsome not only guitar wise but vocal wise. To be honest they are both a few of the best vocalists in metal IMO. Zakk's time was well spent with Ozzy since day one. He really got some fame. Though his latest stuff isn't that great. Still think The Blessed Hellride was BLS's best album by far.

Not sure if you would consider this "controversial", but I cannot get into Satyricon at all. Don't understand all the praise...

I'm curious as to which Satyricon albums you've heard because everything up to and including Nemesis Divina is pretty solid material. Granted, they've never been one of my favorites but at least they managed to release a few good albums before turning into total crap.

Now for being with Ozzy all this time I totally think Zakk sounds totally awsome not only guitar wise but vocal wise. To be honest they are both a few of the best vocalists in metal IMO. Zakk's time was well spent with Ozzy since day one. He really got some fame. Though his latest stuff isn't that great. Still think The Blessed Hellride was BLS's best album by far.
ROFL @ Ozzy being one of the best vocalists in metal.

Well I always thought he had a unique voice. I mean I Respect the old man after all he did. I like a good amount of his songs. Ozzfest use to be pretty good. Hope it gets better again.

I'm curious as to which Satyricon albums you've heard because everything up to and including Nemesis Divina is pretty solid material. Granted, they've never been one of my favorites but at least they managed to release a few good albums before turning into total crap.

Dark Medieval Times, Nemesis Divina and Volcano (though I'll forget that last one exists).

You're right that they aren't bad albums, it's just whenever I decide to give them another shot I feel like I'd rather be listening to something else.

ROFL @ Ozzy being one of the best vocalists in metal.

He is to people who look at uniqueness and personality and don't obsess over vocal range. He was also a pretty credible singer during his time period with Black Sabbath, though he's obviously not worth much these days.

He is to people who look at uniqueness and personality and don't obsess over vocal range. He was also a pretty credible singer during his time period with Black Sabbath, though he's obviously not worth much these days.

I agree on being insanely groundbreaking, but I'd say that he was worthless in his post-Sabbath years. Not even his early solo albums are worth much, or any, time.

Controversial opinion: Newest Xasthur album is his best.

It's not vocal range, it's just the tone he uses. It's obnoxious and irritating, though it's bearable in some of his work with Sabbath.

ozzy is a fucking awesome vocalist, that grainy smoky archaic doomed tone makes him sound like some kind of undead prophet, and every 'YEAHH' and 'OH LORD YEAH' is so damned sublimely placed (whether that was his choice i don't know). nobody else could've done a better job for that sabbath material.