Controversial opinions on metal

Sludge metal is a form of heavy metal music that fuses doom metal and hardcore punk. Sludge metal is typically aggressive and abrasive; often featuring shouted vocals, heavily distorted instruments and sharply contrasting tempos. While the style was anticipated by the Melvins from Washington, many of its earliest pioneers were from the state of Louisiana.

Grindcore came before sludge btw. Do some research.

Don't be lame; Dakryn really should do research if he's going to talk about these things (as with anything ever).

It's true. And I wasn't so much defending Dakryn as I was funnin' with Ozz, who is consistently very vigilant about genre classifications. I even realize that the preceding conversation had to do more with X preceding Y, than just pure genre classification.

Man, it was much funnier before you made me describe myself.

Well, it's not as much 'genre classification' as it was he got the progression of styles wrong. I could have merely stopped at the first sentence in the sludge description, but I didn't.

Well, it's not as much 'genre classification' as it was he got the progression of styles wrong. I could have merely stopped at the first sentence in the sludge description, but I didn't.

Thats my bad oon not looking it up, been real busy the last few days. I just kind of assumed sludge progressed out of grunge.

I'll admit don't really know anything about doom or hardcore (I can't stand like 99% of punk) so, /shrug.

I also mentioned this on the brutal tech death metal recommendations. Obscura's Cosmogenesis is a great album to have if you like brutal death. Also its a new 09 album I believe. Not sure if it was mentioned here but just want to bring the word up again.

Obscura's Cosmogenesis is a great album to have if you like brutal death.

I'm sorry to interrupt you again, but Obscura is not a brutal death metal band and is nothing one who likes bdm would even remotely happen to should- like. :cool: Smooth.