Controversial opinions on metal

The Karelian Isthmus and Tales From the Thousand Lakes are incredible records, but Eclipse, Silent Waters and Skyforger are all great. They don't sound the same, of course; but it's still fucking awesome music.

And Skyforger is in my top list for '09.

I'm also of the opinion that old Amorphis is just so much better, and the new stuff changed into something that is repulsive to me, doubly so because of how much I like the old. Same goes for Therion.

I give the edge to old Amorphis, but the new stuff is very good too. I could do without some of their mid-career stuff, like Far From the Sun, that was just bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6UVSlCEXE

If you don't like this song you are the one who is deaf madame :p .

This song is okay though it didn't really seem to go anywhere. I'd maybe listen to it again if say someone I knew was listening to it and I was in their company, but it's not something I'm going to acquire a copy of. The song Ozzman posted is totally gay. Thanks for insulting my heterosexuality, you douche bag.

I have noticed that Silent Waters' and Skyforger's individual songs don't always seem to "go somewhere", but when listened to in context with the rest of the album, the whole albums have a great flow.

I never said new Amorphis sucked..Just overrated...I mean SF got a 95/100 on Metalreviews.com. You kidding me? 95/100? More like an 80.

If you take the last 3 Amorphis' albums and put them in a mix randomly..you'd think it's one giant album, every song has a similar sound..gets old real quick.

Oh and Barlow's version of Colors is awesome...I never heard the Original...I Own every IE album except the Original Deput...I figured I got the best songs rerecorded with Barlow on Days of Purgatory and Alive in Athens...What's the point in getting The Gene Version.

I want a Days of Ripper c-d..Songs from Burden and FArmageddon with Barlow...Would be SICK to hear the Gettysburg Trilogy with Matt.