Controversial opinions on metal

I honestly do not understand how anyone could possibly hate Motörhead. They are one of the greatest rock/metal bands to ever grace this planet and the total essence of grit and toughness.

I really don't get you guys sometimes.

I honestly do not understand how anyone could possibly hate Motörhead. They are one of the greatest rock/metal bands to ever grace this planet and the total essence of grit and toughness.

I really don't get you guys sometimes.

I can't get over how laughably pathetic the vocals (not to mention the lyrics) are. Take it from a guy who can sing to some degree, Lemmy is a bad vocalist.

Tim Owens sucked in Iced Earth. Not sure how popular or unpopular an opinion that is, but Barlow was the heart and soul of that band. I'm glad he's back.

I have noticed that Silent Waters' and Skyforger's individual songs don't always seem to "go somewhere", but when listened to in context with the rest of the album, the whole albums have a great flow.

What a load of bull...

So you're saying an entire album that doesn't "go somewhere" somehow manages to create a great flow? Last time I checked, in order for something to flow, it needs to actually move from place A to place B..not stay static at place A

He said the individual songs don't go anywhere but the album as a whole does.

I thought Skyforger was rather "by the numbers". Amorphis have fallen into a lazy trend now and they just pump out safe songs centred on Joutsen's vocals. Koskinen's lost his knack for riffs again. This is exactly the same thing that happened to them after Elegy.

He said the individual songs don't go anywhere but the album as a whole does.

I thought Skyforger was rather "by the numbers". Amorphis have fallen into a lazy trend now and they just pump out safe songs centred on Joutsen's vocals. Koskinen's lost his knack for riffs again. This is exactly the same thing that happened to them after Elegy.

What is an album but a collection of individual songs? If none of the songs go anywhere, then how can the album possibly go anywhere?!

It's just a load of bull and you know it...

I can recognise that there are some albums which aren't just a collection of individual songs, which need to be listened to as a whole to be appreciated, and can't really be grasped from individual songs. Don't know if I would put Silent Waters in that category but w/e.

For what Motorhead embodies (the 'I don't give a fuck' type of philosophy) and for what type of music they play, Lemmy is perfect. He's the pissed off, drunk Englishman with something to say.

I wonder how many times it needs to be said that vocal talent does not necessarily perfectly equal how positively the vocals effect the music they complement.

Well Dream Theater is a perfect example of that, but this isn't quite the same thing. Motorhead falls into the same category as AC/DC for me, but at least AC/DC had some slightly more talented guitar work.

Either way, if you have heard one song by the band, you have heard them all.