Controversial opinions on metal

Honestly, a friend has asked me both on the internet and in real life what I think of a band like Norther, and my response was something along the lines of "retarded homosexual bullshit" in both instances. After he said something about how I reject anything with polished production or mainstream value, I called him a retarded my pals and said that he doesn't understand quality music.

:lol:

I understand where your coming from with Motorhead..They are old school..one of the first agressive bands...Have a punky Attitude which metal was all about in the late 70s/80s. But the music is just not something I ever want to listen to. Saw 'em live with Maiden and Dio in 2002 and They weren't bad.

Honestly, if I got into metal today, I probably wouldn't be interested in bands like Dio or King Diamond, the same as I probably wouldn't be interested in playing Rush'n'attack for the NES instead of COD4 if I hadn't played it when I was a kid. That's not saying I only listen to Dio for nostalgic reasons, more like that stuff being the archetype which I base all other stuff I hear on. I totally understand newer people who don't like it.

Here is why elitists need to stop worrying about how the majority of metalheads these days are out of touch with the essence of quality Metal: what people will likely be listening to in five years will certainly be superior to the transitory superficial crap they listen to now, assuming said people dedicate themselves to the genre. Of course these people will be replaced by newer metalheads listening to modern crap, but don't let them bother you because the population of people into the "good stuff" is by no means on the decline.

I only got into metal maybe 4 or 5 years ago, aside from having that Metallica black album tape for as long as I can remember.

He uses what seems like the same 3 notes in every song. All you need to do is find those 3 notes and sing through your nose and voila, Lemmy.

Regardless of the fact that you're obviously exagerating and simplifying due to your dislike of his vocal style, I find it hilarious that you seem to think you're some sort of authority on vocal technicality all of a sudden because you 'can sing to some degree'. If you hadn't noticed, most of the people on this forum are musical to some extent, and we're all perfectly capable of making our own judgements regarding Lemmy's vocals without your 'expert opinion', thanks very much.

Regardless of the fact that you're obviously exagerating and simplifying due to your dislike of his vocal style, I find it hilarious that you seem to think you're some sort of authority on vocal technicality all of a sudden because you 'can sing to some degree'. If you hadn't noticed, most of the people on this forum are musical to some extent, and we're all perfectly capable of making our own judgements regarding Lemmy's vocals without your 'expert opinion', thanks very much.

I really don't find much of an exaggeration, and regardless of how musical someone is, it doesn't mean they can sing. I know a guy who is an extremely good guitarist but can't sing for shit.

I am no authority on technicality, but I can recognize the obviously mediocre when I hear it. I find it equally "hilarious" you are taking this much offense to my statement.

yeah, well that album came out close to when I was born, it was my cousins tape lol.

So I had it forever, basically.

I was just thinking about when tapes were "the thing". CDs/MP3 players were such an improvement.

Take it from someone who knows a lot about hilariousness: I can tell you now that that's not actually hilarious.

I see what you did there.

Edit: Oh yeah, Motorhead is so tough...

Sings through nose: "The Ace of Spades, The Ace of Spades, The Ace of Spades, The Ace of Spades, The Ace of Spades, The Ace of Spades"

:rolleyes:

Lemmy says he doesn't consider Motorhead metal anyway, and that he feels closer to punk. At least he is being honest about that. Probably explains why I don't like them but someone like ohio does.

My initial posts are intended to make the people who know to take it in jest laugh and to piss the people off who don't know better, and then my follow up posts more acutely explain my real position. I've always done this and I always will do this because it amuses me.

the first rule of bein a troll: don't reveal to people that ur trollin.

You are obviously Einherjar's troll account, so how about you just shut the fuck up? Learn the difference between making humorous remarks that evidently some people don't appreciate and actually trolling.

edit: For future reference:

This message is hidden because Tennyson is on your ignore list.