Controversial opinions on metal

10000000000 albums of the same generic "hard rock" with stock lyrics and limited vocals don't qualify as "kick ass" imo.

The fact that the two bands duplicated themselves throughout their careers doesn't really change the fact that the initial formula ripped ass to begin with.

JP has similar vocals to the great majority of Iron Maiden's material. I don't understand how people can like one but not the other

Half because Halford hits that annoying nails on a chalkboard level (as I have said before), and the other half is because he's a flaming faggot.

I think Dakryn's opinions have reached the point of blasphemy at which he can no longer be considered a metalhead.

The fact that the two bands duplicated themselves throughout their careers doesn't really change the fact that the initial formula ripped ass to begin with.

I would probably like AC/DC if they had progressed, or if they had only released a couple of albums, or if their lyrical content wasn't so stock and repetitive.

Motorhead I wouldn't like at all regardless. They are like a shitty version of AC/DC imo (regardless of whether or not they were first).

Both bands are just plain boring. It's 2009, so if I want aggression, speed, etc, there's bands from our era that are faster, aggressier, whatever. Motorhead was good for it's time, but the magic was lost. Your grandma can probably suck me off pretty well...many years of experience. But do I really want the old, broken down, ugly, wrinkly lady? Or the 18 year old with energy and the perky tits? Hm?

I'm taking Dakryn's side, oddly.

I don't like 3/4 of those bands. Priest/Black Sabbath due to vocals, and Motorhead just in general.

I hate to break this to you, but you fucking fail at metal.

I get the point of the bands, and it's just not appealing. I do like the song Thunderstruck, it's clearly the best song AC/DC ever did and the rest of their songs are weak attempts at being the same but not as good as that song.

Considering that "Thunderstruck" came out in fucking 1990, as well as the fact that there are piles of songs from their early career that are not only much faster and more aggressive but also grittier and less bombastic (i.e. "Beating Around the Bush", "Let There Be Rock", "Kicked in the Teeth"), it's clear that they were not trying to replicate "Thunderstruck" all the time, and it's also clear that the rest of their songs aren't "weak" in comparison.

If you ask me, the whole arena rock schtick they fell into during the '80s was weaker than the tight hard rock they were doing before - except Back in Black is still one of the greatest arena rock albums ever.

Lemmy could probably singlehandedly kick the shit out of your most of your favorite bands.

20 years ago, sure. He's decrepit now. See my point? He's old, Motorhead's old. How many of us are 40 years old? It's one thing to respect what bands like Motorhead, Sabbath, etc did for metal. But none of us have to like them. Those bands were cool then, and a lot of it is still worth listening to. But to listen to an old band JUST because they are influential is not individuality. I don't like Motorhead because I don't like the way they sound. Just like how some people don't like Darkthrone. It has nothing really to do with age. But being younger, I like more modern metal. It's what appeals to me. So Dakryn fails at metal for having his own taste? Seems like some of you are sheople.

I hate ACDC
I dont like Motorhead

Motorhead are OK when im drinking with some mates while ACDC i cant stand.

Motorhead and AC/DC I respect because of their influence on metal and the fact that each band is fucking badass.

That said, I rarely listen to them anymore; they just aren't as mature and conceptual as I prefer when I listen to music.

I hate to break this to you, but you fucking fail at metal.

Considering that "Thunderstruck" came out in fucking 1990, as well as the fact that there are piles of songs from their early career that are not only much faster and more aggressive but also grittier and less bombastic (i.e. "Beating Around the Bush", "Let There Be Rock", "Kicked in the Teeth"), it's clear that they were not trying to replicate "Thunderstruck" all the time, and it's also clear that the rest of their songs aren't "weak" in comparison.

If you ask me, the whole arena rock schtick they fell into during the '80s was weaker than the tight hard rock they were doing before - except Back in Black is still one of the greatest arena rock albums ever.

Ok I admit to not know the timeline on AC/DC albums. Regardless, they bore the hell out of me.

If disliking Ozzy/Dio and Halford is fail then what are the other million metal bands for? Seriously, this holy grail shit on these guys is rediculous.

divine torture, you clearly misunderstand the true essence of metal.

How so? Because I don't like an older, influential band? Again, I respect what they did, but I just don't like it. It's not my style, it's not a genre I enjoy. And I'm sure Lemmy would agree: It's about individuality. He'd probably respect me not liking his music because it doesn't appeal to me over someone liking it just 'cause that's what they think they should do.