Controversial opinions on metal

bunch of black power rap
Sure, but there's a shitload of racist metal too, yet the vast majority of metal has no white power or racist themes.
EDIT: read back into that little sub-argument and realized that that was more or less what you were saying.
Their new album has a few songs inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire. The only one I can think of right now is "To Take the Black," but there are a few others.
Nice. I'll have to check that out. Do you know any other bands influenced by the series? There's Winterfell (who totally ripped off the name from my project Winterfell), who are pretty decent power metal. But I don't know of any others.

I agree, that Ozz's voice got really shitty in his solo band.

But he was an awesome vocalist during his tenure in Sabbath, you can't deny that. He had emotion and soul to his voice that each of his successor's lacked.

I don't care for his solo career either, though there are a few songs that I probably wouldn't turn off.

In their time, a lot of bands didn't have traditionally "great" singers, just vocalists who sounded unique and who could belt. Before Zeppelin became famous, Keith Moon told Jimmy Page that if they didn't get a new singer their band would "go down like a led zeppelin." So now you know how they got their name, but it also goes to show that even Plant wasn't considered good by traditional means.

I don't think Ozzy had a great voice, just the right voice. Same with Mick Jagger, Roger Waters, Bon Scott, Neil Young, etc.

In their time, a lot of bands didn't have traditionally "great" singers, just vocalists who sounded unique and who could belt. Before Zeppelin became famous, Keith Moon told Jimmy Page that if they didn't get a new singer their band would "go down like a led zeppelin." So now you know how they got their name, but it also goes to show that even Plant wasn't considered good by traditional means.

I don't think Ozzy had a great voice, just the right voice. Same with Mick Jagger, Roger Waters, Bon Scott, Neil Young, etc.

That pretty much goes for any instrument though, maybe even more so for guitar. Keith Richards doesn't know many things, but he knows the right things.

People care way to much about how talented something is rather than how good it sounds. ozzy isn't the best or w/e but I think he has a pretty solid voice

Very few vocalists would sound good without the music, though. Whereas if you isolate guitar tracks, they usually still sound cool.