Controversial opinions on metal

I dislike so many of all those classics, to be honest. But a few managed to stick with me. Anyway, I need to get me some Cirith Ungol and Slayer's debut. Fuck yeah

Wow, you guys fucking suck. "You know shit about me, bitch, look how cool I am, I will list my favourite bands: bla, bla, bla, bla"

Nobody fucking cares you fucking wieners.

No, but shouldn't generalize a whole list as being Death metal neither...
My comment was actually directed at brad for saying that you had to know all those bands to listen to metal at all, which is kinda annoying for those who are just starting to get into it. :p

Darkbliss: Paradise Lost is their best, but most people wont agree. King of the Dead is a good starting point I guess.

Controversial:

The intro track to the new Burzum album is fucking aggravating..why did he put it in there? The next track doesn't follow up on it whatsoever..it's just a waste of space and a waste of my time..in fact it gives me a goddamn headache

(honestly it doesn't bother me but this thread needs a new direction)

This may not be as controversial as I think, but metal "purists" can fuck off and die. Their inherent elitism is annoying and metal would never get anywhere if different genre/subdivisions weren't "bastardized" or mixed in with other styles of music. And yes, I'm advocating nu-metal as a good thing. Whether the music is decent or not, is subjective. Like whatever you want. For me, however, I couldn't stand listening to the same classic metal albums over and over again or bands that simply clone the classic metal bands.