Controversial opinions on metal

Is this love? You seem rather fucking hostile. There's really no need for such a vulgar display of powerful aggression. It's as if you're driven by demons or something. Most regular people wouldn't act that way. You should rise above this behaviour to a new level. Attack some radicals or something.

haha brilliant

Vulgar Display of Power is a great album, does anyone agree?

I've never really understood why people hate on Pantera. They have a couple of good albums and it's pretty aggressive. Anselmo and Dimebag, what more can you ask for?

No, let's talk about Vital Remains

Forever Underground is their best release, with Let Us Pray a close second..both those albums take a giant dump on Dechristianize

I'm not sure if this is controversial, but I'm trying to like Anthrax lately and I just can't do it. 'Among The Living' is meant to be some kind of thrash classic but it just sounds very basic and uninspired to me, plus the vocals are pretty bad.

I'm not sure if this is controversial, but I'm trying to like Anthrax lately and I just can't do it. 'Among The Living' is meant to be some kind of thrash classic but it just sounds very basic and uninspired to me, plus the vocals are pretty bad.

I've also tried to enjoy their albums but failed miserably. Also, having them as one of the Big Four is a shame.

Agreed. They just seem uninspired and the true, raw anger just isn't there... Compared to early Sepultura or Slayer they just feel lame. Very lame.

Among the Living and State of Euphoria are their worst albums. Very simplistic and dry thrash metal that tries to be nothing more. Persistence of Time is the only album where they really took the simplistic one-note riffs and tried to do something fresh with them; for Anthrax the rhythms are relatively more complex, and the modern production values actually give it the chunkiness that groovy mid-tempo thrash demands.

EDIT: Well, maybe they can receive some originality points for their silly rap-metal joke songs as well. Otherwise they're probably the least original major metal band.