Controversial opinions on metal

Electric Wizard I'm definitely not huge on, but yeah Sleep and Om are legitimately great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3r6qUciu_U

I like it. Reminds me of Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star.

That shit sounds awful. I'm sorry to say that I'm really not into that lo-fi hipster bullshit. I'd rather listen to talented, real singer-songwriters than generic tripe. The misuse of effects to make her voice stand out more makes me cringe too. Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell are both good examples of female singer-songwriters with vocal chops and a knack for writing songs with meaning and memorable moments.

What the fuck are you talking about? There is nothing "hipster" about it at all. Obviously, you haven't had the misfortune of actually hearing hipster music.

What the fuck are you talking about? There is nothing "hipster" about it at all. Obviously, you haven't had the misfortune of actually hearing hipster music.

You people are completely misunderstanding the basis of the term hipster by labeling certain types of music as hipster music.

Some bands declined in terms of their musical output when they adopted chugga chugga riffs and more bombastic production.

Electric Doom Synthesis is Beherit's best album

Kembatinan Premaster is Havohej's greatest work

Mortician is awesome

Six Feet Under's Death Rituals is a good album

Darkthrone's Panzerfaust has stupid vocals

Inquisition's vocals are ingenious. More black metal bands should use this style.

Mortician is awesome

Inquisition's vocals are ingenious. More black metal bands should use this style.

1) That is a bold statement.
2) No
3) lol
4) Somehow I doubt this
5) Cool
6) I love Inquisition, but I feel like other bands simply cannot pull off those vocals like Dagon does. And the way the vocals fit with the music is perfect.

Mortician is awesome

fail-ugly-guy-with-airsoft-gear.jpg

Mortician is awesome

I'm speechless.

Mayhem has two great albums, DMDS and Ordo Ad Chao. They have a few other good ones don't me wrong but those are the only two I ever have the desire listen to.