Controversial opinions on metal

I'd also add that Darkthrone > Mayhem.

I agree but that isn't exactly saying very much considering Mayhem's extremely inconsistent discography. They have one truly great album (which of course is DMDS) then one or two good ones and after that the rest is basically a joke. On the other end you have Darkthrone who have put out an enormous wealth of material, most of it ranging from great to good plus they've been active for two decades now. Not much of a comparison.

You seem like the type that has to double check with ANUS before choosing which shoes to wear. You haven't contributed anything but unjustified pretentiousness and comical double standards displaying a lack of intelligence ot trollishness. So lick my shoes. I chose them myself :)

By that logic, I could just say that you seem to have to double check with pitchfork. Did it ever occur to you that one could like Mayhem without having any affiliations whatsoever? As far as I'm concerned, you're being pretty trollish yourself here.

I have listened to all sorts of black metal, all sorts of death metal, etc. I just don't keep unessential music in my library as a 160 GB iPod has space limitations. Would you believe that I have indeed listened to Velvet Cacoon, Forest Of Stars, etc - MULTIPLE TIMES, even? Give me a fucking break.

You're actually fitting more with the standard definition of elitest prick today than anyone else here. At least I'm not "above" popular things.