Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah, Havok is definitely not among the great modern thrash bands out there. Pretty much the epitome of boring thrash.

Speaking of thrash, I've been listening to a lot of it (full albums uploaded on YouTube) and every single video I come across has a huge shit storm of comments, full of morons arguing about who should be in the big 4. Wah wah wah Metallica isn't even good, wah wah wah why isn't Testament in the big 4, wah wah wah Exodus is s0 much betar den Anthrax d00d they shud replace dem

What the fuck is this retardation and why does it exist? Are metalheads really this fucking stupid?

I'm still always surprised when people say they actually read the comments on youtube aside from the two top rated ones.

When I'm on a YouTube video I scroll down to look at the suggested videos and while doing so the comments are right there, in my face :erk:

I don't think you understand what hipster, pop, or poser mean. It can't be hipster AND pop. And what are they posing as?

I don't think you understand what hipster, pop, or poser mean. It can't be hipster AND pop. And what are they posing as?

If you were to actually classify Tool as some kind of Metal, they would be to Prog Metal what Nu Metal is to Death Metal. The kinda stuff that appeals to kids that wanna feel edgy and badass but have no idea what genuinely intense/profound music actually is.

If you were to actually classify Tool as some kind of Metal, they would be to Prog Metal what Nu Metal is to Death Metal. The kinda stuff that appeals to kids that wanna feel edgy and badass but have no idea what genuinely intense/profound music actually is.

Two things.

"As nu metal is to death metal"? What the fuck does that mean?

Ironically, you're the hipster poser here. Because Tool is a more well-known band you're menstruating all over the place and insisting that they really suck and it's only dumb trendies that like them. Like, that's definition of hipster poser.

I wouldn't lump the words hipster and poser together just like that. I don't think hipster has to be a poser.

EDIT: And even though UltimateApathy doesn't know what he's talking about as usual, he hardly fits the definition of a hipster.

I mean, Tool do fucking suck shit, but its not cause of some retarded reason like "oh they're fucking hipster trendy shit", no, they're just really fucking shitty.

Their vocalist sounds annoying and is a cunt, also their songwriting tries to be clever and its just really fucking gay.

That's not true at all. There's a ton of synth pop, art pop and elctro pop that hipsters gobble up. The genre of pop is not synonymous with popular.

Now-a-days, there's really 2 definitions of "Pop" music, or at least I think so. There's the original definition, which means any music that's popular, and then there's the other type (the one you're talking about) where the music has a pop like sound. There can be Hipster Pop, but there really can't be Hipster Popular music. That would be an oxymoron.

And in regards to Synthpop, nothing beats fucking Depeche Mode. :headbang: