Controversial opinions on metal

Death's The Sound of Perseverance is actually a good album, albeit too overproduced. (talk about albums I shouldn't have sold off). Though it's not really controversial, Cryptopsy are terrible.

There's plenty actually.

Prove it :lol:

Panteraguy is absolutely right. If metal never bores him, why should he be forced to move out of his comfort zone? Is he going to miss out on some spiritual enlightening by not listening to u2, tool, radiohead, hiphop, etc. It's just fucking music.

I go from listening to stuff like Miles Davis to Chopin to Slayer to Bloodbath to CCR on any given day. That's mainly because my playlist is on random most of the time.

Summoning has never ever made a listenable album in their entire career except Lugburz, which is merely tolerable.
I really liked Minas Morgul. Have to be in the right mood though.
Absolutely nothing wrong with listening only to metal.
As long as you're willing to listen to other stuff.
Death's The Sound of Perseverance is actually a good album, albeit too overproduced. (talk about albums I shouldn't have sold off).
Don't see how that's controversial.

It seems pretty common for people to hate power metal, so I don't see why I can't dislike thrash metal.

There's some that I like, such as Voivod, which is one of my all-time favourite bands, and Toxik, Anthrax, Metallica, and maybe some more, but the majority just bores me.

I really liked Minas Morgul. Have to be in the right mood though.

As long as you're willing to listen to other stuff.

Don't see how that's controversial.
It's despised by the underground of knuckleheads.:lol:
It seems like I was shackled by these biased perceptions of extremely popular albums, but since I've started branching into other genres, and now return to some of them after a long time, I don't see what's the hate all about really. I guess it's just a bigoted hatred of Chuck and his "Christian ramblings".

Well, i'm bored and I haven't done this in awhile...
King Diamond and Mercyful Fate bore me.

Most old school thrash metal is repetitive.

Stoner doom and funeral doom are both overrated.

Enslaved is still a good band.

Prove it :lol:

Panteraguy is absolutely right. If metal never bores him, why should he be forced to move out of his comfort zone? Is he going to miss out on some spiritual enlightening by not listening to u2, tool, radiohead, hiphop, etc. It's just fucking music.
Yes. And I also don't have to like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, etc. I actually used to be into a ton of hardcore, but that's very close to metal in terms of heavyness/aggression, so it wasn't much of a stretch. I still like some of that hardcore (Shai Hulud, Propagandhi, Candiria, early Hatebreed, early VOD, Sick of It All etc.) but I pretty much only listen to metal nowadays. Am I narrow minded? Probably. Do I care? No!