Controversial opinions on metal

A few more opinions...

- Megadeth's albums after Rust in Piece do suck, yet they still play great live shows.

- "Hate Them" is one of Darkthrone's finest works. It made me want to dig deeper into BM. :worship:

- I hate The Black Dahlia Murder's vocals. They are awful.

- I don't like most Doom / Stoner bands, but High on Fire are an interesting band. Especially "Surrounded by Thieves" and "Blessed Black Wings". The new one is meh :puke:

- Necrophagist's albums are fun. The guitar work is fucking A. Forget the wankery blah blah blah argument and just enjoy it. :heh:

Heh, at least Sonata Arctica never made a shitty cover of Barbara Ann, nor do they sing about elves, hobbits, and "tommyknockers".

They have wolves on coverarts!! Wow there's nothing worse tbh

I mean I like Blind Guardian (especially their first album), but they had a pretty inconsistent discography, imho. I'm just not into Lord of the Rings shit.

believe me man, in a few months you're never going to listen to another SA album, I discovered them last year and thought they were godly...it wont last

I've been a huge fan of them for almost a year now. I'm also really into Stratovarius and Twilightning (not known as well as the other two bands).

I do realize though that flower metal is not for everyone. Especially people who don't like keyboards in their metal. I just happen to really dig keyboard melodies and over the top choruses. It just sounds pretty 80s for me.

I also used to like Blind Guardian's Follow the Blind, and Somewhere Far Beyond albums, but got very sick of both albums after a while.

Dunno, I discovered them last year, thought they were shitty and it still lasts.

I think power metal of all kinds is good, and generally prefer the flowery kind to the sort that wants to be thrash but can't. I also tend to think that people who make blanket statements about power metal sucking are idiots too wrapped up in their kvltness to enjoy good music. Unfortunately, this is frequently true.