Controversial opinions on metal

Who ever said 'kvlt' had anything to do with it, just the fuckin' bullshit flower metal bands are barely even metal so it'd seem to me that instead of listening to real power metal you'd be better off with pop music.

They're still metal. They may not be extreme enough for your taste, but those bands are still metal, and not pop.

Yeah, it isn't about extremity because I love tons of pop music and indie rock and what not - just don't want to see it in power metal is all :p

Girl pop singers are all so similar that I think they're not born, but built in a secret factory somewhere in southern California.

Notice I said hardcore. Not metalcore. And I include all the untouchable bands like Agnostic Front and Sick of it All.

Boring, simplistic bollocks.

The difference between flower metal and pop is that flower metal actually showcases some talent. Big difference in my book. I'd much rather listen to flower metal.

If you think that vocalists like Christina Aguilera and Tori Amos are talentless then I'm really going to die of shock.

Are you including old school hardcore punk? Agnostic Front used to play in the old school vein but now play the "chug-chug" type of hardcore.

Without the likes of Discharge, Charged G.B.H., and The Exploited I'm willing to bet extreme metal wouldn't exist. :p