Controversial opinions on metal

Anthrax sucks and Anthrax has always sucked. Bands like that stumbled into metal partly because of the aggressive outlet, and partly because nu/core ish nonsense didn't exist in the 80's and wasn't popular to take influence from, and 20 years later we see a lot of bands who are utterly disconnected and have little clue about heavy metal. That's one reason I'm heavily into a band such as Grave Digger, because that spirit is there.....Anthrax and some other bands, it never was, and that reveals itself over time. Ugh, the good stuff wasn't even all that great.

Overly dramatic Anthrax diatribe, I know, and I'm not actually that passionate either way about the band, but eh, it's late.

i don't actually *dislike* anthrax that much, they're just fucking stupid. i throw on 'among the living' occasionally for a laugh, like it more than 'spreading the disease'. 'fistful of metal' is obviously their most respectable album but it's actually mostly kind of boring and redundant.

I love Anthrax when they are good but they have alot of ups and downs. I love Among the Living and Spreading the Desiese is good as well. Then they have some songs I love and some that bores me on the Belladonna albums.

I think most of the Bush stuff is boring but I have a strange relation to it. Some times every year I really feel like that stuff and can really enjoy it but then the day after Im back to not liking it. Very strange.

On the Morbid Angel debate. This is how I look at things:

blessed are the sick > altars of madness > covenant > domination > formulas fatal to the flesh

I am abit unsure of where to place ffttf but decided to put it last because of all the small filler tracks it includes. Domination also suffers from the same problem. I dont like it when records dont flow that well. I like all of the records though. One of my favorite death metal bands for sure.

Spreading the Disease is undeniably a good thrash album. I kinda get the impression that all their other stuff sucks. Fistful of Metal is definitely pretty mediocre.

Will you fucking stop this shit already you gigantic tard? People are allowed to not like grindcore. Stop feeling insecure about yourself and let people be without badgering them about disliking a widely disliked subgenre.