Controversial opinions on metal

Not really music related, but why do so many Black metal bands have to wear almost the EXACT same style of white and black "corpse paint"? Almost all of them look like derivates of early Mercyful Fate King Diamond. He wasn't the first to wear it either (one of the first though), but he was with that particular look.

You haven't seen too many black metal bands, have you? Why do so many metal bands have that same chains, leather, long hair & band shirts gay-look??!!

It's almost a parody of itself and becoming as bad as all of the glam bands of the 80's.

This is worthy of a gigantic facepalm.

Lots of fucking faggotry in this thread all of a sudden.

Yes.

overrated*

Yes.

Wow, these two past pages really bring shame to this forum.

I agree with Sefag.

EDIT: Let‘s start a new page folks. With clean heads.

EDIT2: "C‘est Fag" haha, that‘s french english.

- Blaze Bayley > Paul Di'Anno
- Corvus is by far the best singer Horna has had
- Archgoat is vastly underrated
- Icons of Evil > Dechristianize

Is this real life?

I'm talking about those using Death and/or Black, or just "extreme" vocals. I never said that they were any good, only that they do those kinds of vocals right. At least you can understand what is being said the majority of the time, or it at least attempts to emulate "singing" instead of just gurggling or shrieking because that's the "troo kvlt evil" thing to do.

Yes, because I'm sure Immortal was trying rip off Dimmu Borgir.

Way to add more to what I was actually saying. I said that they reminded me of them a bit (on some songs). Let me put it in words that you might understand: they don't make me want to instantly shut their music off, unlike most of the black bands I hear.

- Blaze Bayley > Paul Di'Anno

No. At his best he was a mediocre singer who was unfortunately forced to sing material he couldn't remotely. Di'Anno was pure awesome in Iron Maiden. Just listen to versions of Bruce Dickinson singing material from both periods; most Di'Anno songs he can't get quite right but he brings new life into the Bayley songs. The first two albums couldn't have had a better vocalist.