Cool Suecof interview with lots of amp details...

I'm always surprised how low Andy, Jason etc. keep the mids on the 6505/5150... I know its a very midrangey amp but hey ... 2?!? :D
I just can't get mine under 5 - something inside of me holds me back *haha*

Cool Peavey Ad................I mean interview. Interesting on the Settings. Lead channel for Rhythms and Rhythm channel for Leads. I remember a post where Andy said he has used the Red channel for Rhythms.

Found it, it was in the Job for a Cowboy thread:

it sounds like the green channel on a 5150 to me.

nope, red channel

The High Pres setting is great to know. I always wondered how to get that top end sizzle (that usually comes from a higher gain setting, which then kills the definition) and still maintain definition. Gain low for definition (I knew that), but then how do I get that sizzle? High Pres. I am such a n00b, I typically use the Treb and Pres know in tandem. :heh: The missing piece to the puzzle. I am going to dime my pres today and leave the gain on noon. Hopefully I dont burn a hole in my eardrums. :lol:

Cool Peavey Ad................I mean interview. Interesting on the Settings. Lead channel for Rhythms and Rhythm channel for Leads. I remember a post where Andy said he has used the Red channel for Rhythms.

Found it, it was in the Job for a Cowboy thread:

The High Pres setting is great to know. I always wondered how the top guys got that top end sizzle (that usually comes from a higher gain setting, which then kills the definition) and still maintained definition. Gain low for definition and Pres high for sizzle. The missing piece to the puzzle. I am going to dime my pres today and leave the gain on noon. Hopefully I dont burn a hole in my eardrums. :lol:

I always crank my Presence on my amps.... Everyone has told me it's a no-no, but it sounds good to me when all is said and done....

See I'm playing it now and it sounds so farkin' schweet...but whether I can get it to sound good with my playing and recording...

Ok i'll have something up in 20 minutes.

which is the most popular channel to use on there like the metal or the rock channel is it the lead or rhythm or lead. from what i remember the rhythm channel is more clean and all. i am a mesa guy myself but i am definetly about to pick one of these up for my studio. either a 5150I II or 6505... from what i understand they each have their own plus and minuses