Coolest Opeth Member ??

That's an impossible question to answer if you don't know them personally (which I doubt any of us do). They're all good musicians, and that's enough for me...

Don't you think anyone has met them personally??

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has met them what they are like!!??

So if someone has met them please let us now how they are!

Originally posted by nicet
Don't you think anyone has met them personally??

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has met them what they are like!!??

So if someone has met them please let us now how they are!

I met Akerfeldt at metalfest. He's a super nice guy, very down to earth and friendly. He was very willing to talk about anything I asked about. Awesome, awesome, awesome guy!!

I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to hang out with OPETH a few times and they are all really nice, down-to-earth guys...:D

I'm 110% with Demiath here.. we don't really know the guys (well, if someone does, speak out! :)) so how would we know? If the question were "who do you think of as the coolest member of Opeth" or something along those lines, then this thread would have made sense. Of course, we can always contort this into such, which is actually very common in BBS's... start a discussion, which ends in an opposite theme from the original. ;)

Originally posted by Demiath
That's an impossible question to answer if you don't know them personally (which I doubt any of us do). They're all good musicians, and that's enough for me...

I've talked to Mikael at length and yes he is very cool! He is so grateful for the reactions and the chanting they have received here in the states. He does get a kick out of how everyone pronounces his name wrong though...

...The man loves music SO much. Almost as much as I do! :D

Mee-kail Aw-ker-feldt (roughly)

Yeah, it's kinda silly to ask who's the "coolest". I mean, from a fan's perspective, as the songwriter, Mike will always stand out to me as being the most intersting artistically, but as for who is the coolest guy in the band you'd have to know them all.

They're all cool. The Martins are both a bit quiet and Mendez is the quieter of the two. Mikael is very, very nice, but I get the feeling that at times he may get a little overwhelmed with so many people wanting to talk with him. I'm sure he enjoys his fans, but I sense he gets a bit nervous. Peter...he's extremely nice. We talked for such a long time, and when I said I had to leave, he was like in a tone of "already?". He seems very genuine, and I'm pretty good at sensing that in people. He seems to genuinely enjoy talking with people. Ha! The strange thing is, the pic I took with him turned out to be the best one! We both came out looking pretty good in it. Also strange is the fact that before we talked (I had seen him at another show but only had a chance to chat with Mikael for a bit) I had felt a bit intimidated by him. When I started talking with him, though, I felt incredibly at ease. Very unusual for me because I can, at times, get a bit self-concious and uneasy talking (in person) with people I've never met and I usually feel like I don't know what to say to them. He's extremely nice. I like him a lot. Anyway, they're all cool, but I did pick up on their personalities when I talked with each of them.

When I met them, Peter seemed to be the coolest of them all. Mikael was kinda quiet, just stood around drinking his better. Peter was really cool, we had a nice chat, and he gathered the rest of the band up so I could shoot some photos. The others seemed kinda hesitant about getting together, the just wanted to drink I guess, but Peter was really cool about it.

Wow ! this is pretty interesting!
Thanks to you guys for sharing your moments with the guys in opeth, it seems like Peter is the one who talks to the fans the most and actually enjoys it.

Originally posted by Scott
I've talked to Mikael at length and yes he is very cool! He is so grateful for the reactions and the chanting they have received here in the states. He does get a kick out of how everyone pronounces his name wrong though...

...The man loves music SO much. Almost as much as I do! :D

hmmmm so how do you pronounce it then ?

Yeah, I think it's O-ker-feldt, though it could, if we prounced it very swedishly, be Uu-ke-felt :)

But I'm not that good with swedish, though I've studied it for 6 years. As have all finns. And we all hate it from the bottom of our hearts. Anyway, correct me if I'm totally wrong.

Yes, lower-class finns tend to hate swedish because traditionally it's been the language of the upper-class in finnland. Indeed.

Originally posted by Protocol
Yes, lower-class finns tend to hate swedish because traditionally it's been the language of the upper-class in finnland. Indeed.

Then again, all the Finns can speak Swedish and Finnish, and the majority of Swedes don't speak Finnish, so would that give the Finns an upper hand? Maybe.

Then again, Americans (the majority of them) only speak one language, and they're all bane to learn anouther (God forbid that they speak someone else's language, even in their country...) I hate this fucking country, and the fucking people.