Could this happen??

estYMaj

Music is everything
Sep 21, 2005
Mass, USA
Sorry if this has been asked before but
Don't ya think it would be a cool idea if sympony x released a remake of there first album , maybe if it were live perfomances recorded with Russ singing ????:kickass:
Id even like to see a studio ver but the live one would be better i think
What ya think?

They can do whatever the fuck they want as long as they exclude shades of grey. That song is godawful and should never be performed by anyone ever again for the remainder of eternity.

I agree with shades maybe they could totaly rewrite it i wouldnt want to get ripped off from a song lol!!

lol... nice thread, knocking out Shades of Grey. :D That song is basically a pop song. But seriously if they could do to the whole CD what they did to Masquerade, I would say that is awesome.

I reckon it would be cool to totally rework it into a different thing altogether.. so that its not just redoing the album, but changing it and adding a new flavour.. but chances are slim my good people.. chances are slim..

OK, I know nothing about the first recording, and Im bored so Ill head into outerspace and say "Pleasent Shade of Grey" is a great LP/ I have to be in the mood that it was written about but I really connected. I was pretty much where, what that piece was about at the exact time I discovered it.

Even further out there was the band I was in called Shades of Gray, was happy to be rid of that deal

I dont know if Ill ever go back further than Damnation Game, for some reason I dont listen to that much either. I need to dig it out again.

Tangent over

razoredge said:
No I havent , are you saying its pretty good ?

no I'm saying it really IS that bad lol.. I was all about trying to give that album a shot, I really was.. and you know.. the music starts and its good and I'm like "oh man this is pretty cool, i dunno what everyone is complaining about".. then rod tylers vocals kick in, and finally.. the young grasshopper understood what the sensei was trying to say.. its soooo bad

it all comes down to this. the band would have to take lots of time to do that, and that could be time spent on writing new material. i would personally rather hear more and more new stuff. it still sounds like a cool idea.

I feel that way about a few of my favorite prog metal bands. Their first vocalists werent that bad, some are actually highly acclaimed, but damned if I know why. Its all about delivery. Not to take anything away from the rest of the band because they are all intregral to the design and excellent musicians but Russel Allen really makes Symphony X what it is. Any body less, and there are no better or even as close and they would be nowhere, other than notable for extreme musicianship. Ive been taking more time to listen closely rather than have it in the background as Im distracted by whatever else Im doing. I always make note of something I never really caught before. Vocal delivery, expression and dynamics are phenominal. There are others as good... for the bands they are in... they fit, just like Allen fits SymX ........ perfect

No, it can't happen. Actually, I didn't read any posts of this thread; I just saw someone ask a question and I wanted to say "No" because I'm bored.