Could this happen??

Can you guys listen to that any ol time ? or do you have to be troubled. I think I only listen to it in the winter, not that winter bothers me but winter makes me very interspect or something. Whatever :rolleyes:, excluding the few lines here and there, it nearly identifies dead on with a realtionship I once had 25 friggin years ago, that ended but was never resolved by either side.... oh never mind. But I agree :worship: it kicked me hard in many ways. Been a big Fates fan since Perfect Symetry and Parallels.

lol... nice thread, knocking out Shades of Grey. :D That song is basically a pop song. But seriously if they could do to the whole CD what they did to Masquerade, I would say that is awesome.

i had no idea they had an orriginal cover of masquerade cause i never checked out there ST so i downloaded the song...WHAT A DIFFERENCE! is that russel singing? the keyboard parts are alot different too which is wierd because the JV-1080 synth module which he used in the remake came out in 1994...

i kinda like the solo better in the original.

I guess it's rod that messes it up, and the song has good parts in it, yes, but it sounds really poppish.

Oh yeah masquerade they made really good. And it's with Russ, and Thomas Miller. Interesting combination there since Rod was in the original. I can't believe you never heard it before. Which solo are you talking about?

I guess it's rod that messes it up, and the song has good parts in it, yes, but it sounds really poppish.

Oh yeah masquerade they made really good. And it's with Russ, and Thomas Miller. Interesting combination there since Rod was in the original. I can't believe you never heard it before. Which solo are you talking about?

the main solo in masquerade (the original)

You mean the one that goes wudldlelldldleedldlwldleld wuwuwldiddidildidldidlidliooouuuwwww dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dodododododododo dodododododododo dodododododododo dodudodudodudodudo dOoooOOO dodo, DDDEEEEWW DODO dOOOO dodo do DOO dldlooeododoldoeoldooelo!!!!

You mean the one that goes wudldlelldldleedldlwldleld wuwuwldiddidildidldidlidliooouuuwwww dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dedlelelelelelelelele dodododododododo dodododododododo dodododododododo dodudodudodudodudo dOoooOOO dodo, DDDEEEEWW DODO dOOOO dodo do DOO dldlooeododoldoeoldooelo!!!!

precisely that one.

Shit, nice legato man! your phrasing could use some attention and you need to get tube amp though.

OK, I know nothing about the first recording, and Im bored so Ill head into outerspace and say "Pleasent Shade of Grey" is a great LP/ I have to be in the mood that it was written about but I really connected. I was pretty much where, what that piece was about at the exact time I discovered it.

Even further out there was the band I was in called Shades of Gray, was happy to be rid of that deal

I dont know if Ill ever go back further than Damnation Game, for some reason I dont listen to that much either. I need to dig it out again.

Tangent over

Wow...Fates Warning. Thatr's one of those bands I heard so much about, but could never see why. I bought 3 albums and gave up...No Exit, Perfect Symmetry and Parallels...the later actually being a good album but almost pop and every song very much the same. That singer is never quite on key...makes me nuts! I think they're a HUGE bore...zzzzz.

no the solo not your retarted wudldle sounds...

Wow...Fates Warning. Thatr's one of those bands I heard so much about, but could never see why. I bought 3 albums and gave up...No Exit, Perfect Symmetry and Parallels...the later actually being a good album but almost pop and every song very much the same. That singer is never quite on key...makes me nuts! I think they're a HUGE bore...zzzzz.

Those arent the best examples. I rarely listen to No Exit. I do like "Eye to Eye and "We Only Say Goodbye", they are commercial for Fates but about the only two that are in steady 4/4. Its another mood thing, Fates is (like Trower-BoS), maybe I envy people that dont know the mood. Inside Out, PSoG, and Disconnected are good if you connect. Ray Alder is in my top 5 metal voices, they are a very... [excuse my spelling]... disident band with a weird sense of time. If you like feel players Matheos is loaded, but he dont play the blues. No body else sounds like them thats for sure. I prefer them to Pink Floyd today by far, but I had the Pink wore out 25 years ago. You wanna hear some freaky shit, listen to their first three albums, that vocalist, John Arch sang in key signatures that dont exist ... :lol: in the day hard core head bangers loved him, not me, that stuff will make you tilt your head like a dog.

Wait...... this thread isnt about Fates, its about Shades of Grey and the first Symphony X lp I have never heard .......... :lol:

Sorry people

FWX, Live in Athens, Disconnected, APSOG. Get them now and change your mind. :lol:

Also, another big :lol: at you disliking it because it sounds like 'pop'. Please.

I dont have FWX :mad:

Actually this is a bit interesting and pertains to this topic. I didnt care for John Archs off the wall singing, he was Fates first vocalist. Charlie Dominici was Dream Theaters first recorded vocalist and he was kind of from the same school of metal vocalists as Arch. Makes me wonder more about Symphony X's first vocalist ? Was he another one of those all over the map singers ? I remember in the 80's our FM rock/pop metal station played "real metal" on either Friday or Saturday night after 11:00 or 12:00 and when I listened I liked the music but couldnt digest the vocals. I remember when people said the same thing about Getty Lee.