Could this happen??

Why aren't you people mentioning Awaken the Guardian!? John Arch is god!

Back then they could write awesome dragon-killing lyrics like

I search alone, dark the night, deep the
blackest forest, down the devil's hopyard
on my way from Salem I lit a fire
Magical brimstone sparks ashes from the
hazel wood
Dancing with the banshee, fire rose up
to the sky.

The dead of night parts the sky, the Salem
witch
hunting eyes Malefica spells
She soars the ocean shore of Kildare
Over tombs of the harpy fields
Ride the great beast abandoned girls
Lonely girls ride the great beast
Virginal goddess of Hunt Diana

Now all their songs are like

We are here
I am there
We are here
They are there

Now we're here
Here I am

Fuckn Ray Alder. I admit Disconnected and APSOG are great albums aswell though. All thanks to Kevin Moore most likely.

Why aren't you people mentioning Awaken the Guardian!? John Arch is god!

Back then they could write awesome dragon-killing lyrics like

Fuckn Ray Alder. I admit Disconnected and APSOG are great albums aswell though. All thanks to Kevin Moore most likely.

My old song writing partner, vocalist and bass player thought Arch was #1 also. I find him abrasive. Origional with great voice control but abrasive.

Jim Matheos is the primary mind behind Fates Warning and he grew up and stopped slaying dragons. Kevin Moore was a "guest".

So I guess I shouldnt spend any money on that first SX CD ?????????

Well in the Accolade he says "...slaying dragons as a knight of Arthur's court, trained to kill to sing a song.... youthful hope to right the wroo oooo oooooo oo o oong" then the keyboard goes dodododo dodo dodododo dodo.... I love that part.

Although I find a lot of Matheos' stuff drawn out and boring, I do agree that lyrics about slaying dragons are juvenile.

But really, alot of that stuff is symbolic and we do know there are dragons in real life that should be slayed, drawn and quartered, tared and feathered, drug in chains to the Bastille, raped and pillaged, burried in the sand to the neck beside a hill of red ants, burned on their crosses, dipped slowly in a river of piranhas, bit on their paipai by a Cobra, toe nails ripped off with vice grips, streached in a rack, locked in an iron maiden with spikes driven through them, recieve daily 110 volt shocks to the eye balls, stoned in the streets, and lastly , their severed heads paraded through the streets a mast my spear hammered from their vast piles of gold .........

not that I've given it much thought.... but damn! I have alot of metal songs to write.

Shit! I have to run the DHS just piled into my driveway.

Well in the Accolade he says "...slaying dragons as a knight of Arthur's court, trained to kill to sing a song.... youthful hope to right the wroo oooo oooooo oo o oong" then the keyboard goes dodododo dodo dodododo dodo.... I love that part.

I love that part, too, but more for the music and melody than the lyrics. Symphony X only has a few songs with power metal cheese lyrics, though (Accolade, Dragon's Den, and Relic come to mind).