cradle of filth

skydancer

New Metal Member
Nov 3, 2001
new york
Visit site
i think they are a good band when you want to listen heavy music with the same black metal characteristics but not quit it(when you want something different).

I worked out why they are so accesible the other day -on Midian even in the background they nearly always have melodic female vocals.... So they are quite easy to get to like... WEhich I think is a good thing, at least they can write melodic music!

I really really really like Midian. That is an awesome album.

Anything before that, or the new album is SHIT. I love Dani's vocals on Midian, he has amazing control over his voice, it's awesome. But the old stuff like 'dusk and her embrace' is really bad, some of the music is okay, but dani's voice is unbearable back then.

If you have heard a cradle of filth song, and it was really bad, and the vocals were really bad, then you didn't hear the song off MIDIAN.

The music is actually no-heavier than iron-maiden or judas preist when you come to think of it, it's just a pile of melody and fast drumming (awesome drumming!!)

I reccomend (even the cradle of filth haters!!) that every single person get midian, and listen to the whole thing, start to finish, and i will bet money on it that your opinion of them will change.

I really like COF's music a lot! Dani's vocals are the main deterrant for me. He's hard to stomach at times...

Originally posted by _Transparent_
not really a fan, but i see your point about the female vocals godisanathiest, i havent actually got any of their albums, so i only know a few songs, but i dont like what ive heard.

Yeah, Midian is ok. The rest is pants :loco: Its worth a try! I can send u a copy if u like, i think i can strectch my resource to a 50p blank cd :D

I've liked them in their Dusk And Her Embrace era. Nowadays it seems that a) they play the same song over and over again b) are a show for the kids having lost their vampyric darkness in favor of a vampyric sellout show (just check out their video with the midget. couldn't believe my eyes how idiotic it is)

well, i really like Cradle, but did not get in to them before after Midian.. so i dant call myself a Cradle fan.. but Midian was a great album...
and i really liked the Bitter Suicide Succubie thing to, was kinda cool to listen to more of the old stuff in a new way... ;)

sry, but I hate that trendy Black Metal... CoF is nothing more than a commercial Gothic-Black-deeptone-mixture... imagine Limp Bizkit would play Black Metal... that's CoF :D
good technical sound, but no Black Metal...
same about Dimmu Borgir :tickled:

jm2c :rolleyes:

I actually really like Cradle Of Filth, even though I know damned well that they can only be called Black Metal by an extreme stretch of the imagination. I own most of their albums (barring the first, the latest and some of the early independant recordings), and I find the music really enjoyable. I know they're not true BM, but I think the music is well-written enough and heavy enough to stand up on it's own. Plus, Dani's voice is amazing (both in it's scope and it's tendency to split people's opinions right down the middle!)

Cradle has some exceptionally good stuff. From what i have heard, the song Her Ghost in the fog has some nice melodic like vocals in the back. I can't stand the screechy vocals though.

So what if they're mega-popular? That doesn't automatically make their music shit.
I like the lyrics, I like the music, I like his voice. But that's just MY opinion. Everyone else is free to think what they want about them. :p

I love Dani's vocals on Midian, he has amazing control over his voice, it's awesome.

i totally agree. im listening to midian now, and i fkn love the opening "CTHULU DAWN" growly thing. excellent stuff

Originally posted by Klaha
So what if they're mega-popular?

Mega popular? I've never considered Black Metal popular; how many CDs have they sold? I've never listened to them, but I haven't liked any black metal I've heard. Everyone says the growled vocals will grow on me, but I'm not really new to it and I still hate it (I had friends in high school that liked Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, etc, so I have been well-exposed to that vocal style -- yes, I know they're death, not black, but the vocal style is similar). About the growliest I can take is some Death and Cynic, but that is only because the music is so mind-blowingly technical. I also can take them, sometimes, when they're secondary to a beautiful female voice as in Lacuna Coil or After Forever. They still grind on me, but the other vocals overpower them so I don't mind as much. Maybe I'll get into the growled vocals someday, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

Cradle of Filth really aren't black metal, dude. The first few releases count as black metal, but only by technicality...I hate black metal, i can't stand it.

I really don't like their old stuff, except for the occasional bit of '...Dusk'. I hate the vocals from their old stuff, but dani is actually a really good vocalist now. If you beleive that dani sounds like a cat that is being strangled, then you have only heard the old stuff, and you haven't heard midian.

And really, when you think about it, the music is no heavier than Iron Maiden, and is much much more accessable than early metallica or megadeth, so i don't see what everyone's problem is.

I gather that for the people who have only heard the early albums where dani sung 'ball-less' (to put in nicely!), your minds are full of pretensions about cradle of filth, but you are totally wrong to judge them.

...takes his 'ranting boots' off...