Crimson II line-up

Dan Swanö

The Watcher
Nov 3, 2001
www.swano.com
To stop all speculations....

I will not growl one second. I would if I could, but I've tried and it sounds even worse than the stuff on the first demo!! I have begun to accept the fact that I have lost the classic growl, but on the other hand,I have learned to sing with my real voice.....

The growling will be a combination of me doing a lot stacked (multiple) whispers and another guy called Roger that sings a bit like me in the heydays (Growling type) with a little bit of vocalcoaching he can do a very nice job..I will try to vary to vocalwork on this one as much as possible. I have been talking to Tägtgren about doing some highpitched stuff, and I will do all formed of low, mid, and pretty high normal vocals..it'll be a blast!!

I will take care of all drums, bass and rhythmguitars
some leads will be done by Mattias IA Eklundh and I will done some, and I will also approach some local talents...

Dan

Reactions: yourdeadgroom
Hm ... very nice indeed ... i guess it wouldnt make mutch sence regrouping with the old members since you were 90% of edge of sanity ... its gonna be cool to hear Mattias doing some crazy stuff in the leads ...

The other guys made one album without me, so I have all the right to make one without them. I never wanted to leave EOS in the first place..I wanted to be Edge of Sanity..But Black mark "couldn't do that to them" so I was on my own and they made "Cryptic"..I did Moontower. I soooo wish Moontower could have been labelled as an EOS album. I would have done so much better...

I will not use Mike of two reasons:

He costs money (His label knows his value...it's fine by me, but I don't pay for musicians)
He's in Bloodbath (I have had enough of his voice, in a very positive way..I have already "done" my stuff with Mike on Ressurection TC. I have no other wished with my music and his (growling) voice. It'd be nice to do a duet with him using our clean vocals one day..maybe for Nightingale??)

Dan

I guess the ex-EOS guys aren't doing anything musically interesting these days anyhow... whatever happened to Benny Larsson or Dread?

Dan Swanö said:
To stop all speculations....

I will not growl one second. I would if I could, but I've tried and it sounds even worse than the stuff on the first demo!! I have begun to accept the fact that I have lost the classic growl, but on the other hand,I have learned to sing with my real voice.....

The growling will be a combination of me doing a lot stacked (multiple) whispers and another guy called Roger that sings a bit like me in the heydays (Growling type) with a little bit of vocalcoaching he can do a very nice job..I will try to vary to vocalwork on this one as much as possible. I have been talking to Tägtgren about doing some highpitched stuff, and I will do all formed of low, mid, and pretty high normal vocals..it'll be a blast!!

I will take care of all drums, bass and rhythmguitars
some leads will be done by Mattias IA Eklundh and I will done some, and I will also approach some local talents...

Dan

Tagtgren on vox sounds pretty fucking cool. The stacked whispered growls could actually turn out to be pretty original ( with distortion on them even!.. )..
You rule , Dan!

Mattias Eklundh is a really funny guy and a great guitarrist!
i saw Freak Kitchen the other day and they blew me awway! very entertaining!!

Dan you should definately do a duet with him on clean voice,and maybe with Garm ;)
This is great news,kinda sad the other guys will not be there,but great news indeed
and please break the saying that second parts are never good

Thats ashame since on Moontower they were the strongest ever in my humble opinion. Keep working at it who knows?
So a new Edge of Sanity album is in the works. Ive been waiting for this for a long time and I trust that in the end itll be massive.
It ashame how much time has passed since the moniker of EDGE OF SANITY was used. You used to release an album a year! EOS was getting bigger and I remember a time when here in NEW YORK, EOS and Pathymonium were played on FM radio stations! Your right Dan, you should have kept the name and Moontower should have been released as Edge of Sanity. I bet that whole fiasco turned you off from the whole swedish death metal thing for awhile. I would love to entertain the notion that this is a permanent ressurection of the band but Ive learned to never try to predict what your going to do next. Im just glad YOU now have the name "Edge of Sanity" to do what you wish with it. Either way good luck and good job with the new nightingale.

LOL accessible Bloodbath! That would be great! Like Spectral Sorrows II or something.

Sorry to hear that Blackmark let the cat out of the bag for you. Damn record labels :loco: !

Hi there.
Just wanted to let you know that I am constantly reading your little notes. I intend to do an epic masterpiece clocking at 40:00. Who did what and where did when and stuff will be clear in August!!
Later for rehearsal....see ya

D

40:00 minutes ??? I like Crimson, it is one of my alltime favourites. I mean Crimson never gets boring although you used the same variations of not so many song structures. The only thing I don´t like about Crimson is, that it isn´t that endless-loop i expected. Maybe you can improve the concept of a one song album, by doing a real epic one... by making the end of the album the beginning... so that we can listen to Crimson II for eternity by just clicking on repeat... This would be real epic !!!

starchildo@aol.com said:
Your right Dan, you should have kept the name and Moontower should have been released as Edge of Sanity

You're Crazy!!!
Dan Swanö's Moontower is a unique piece and i never thought that it could be an EoS album!!
that's why this album is so great!
can't believe it!!
Moontower as Edge Of Sanity's... i don't think so..

Jorg said:
I guess the ex-EOS guys aren't doing anything musically interesting these days anyhow... whatever happened to Benny Larsson or Dread?

Well Dread and Mourning from Panthymonium are both in Incapacity now. A band which sounds similar to old Edge of Sanity except with a more slayer influence. Reminds me of dismembers "Death Metal" album.

http://www.incapacity.tk/

Mourning of course was in a band called Ashes for an album and ep. Kinda like motorhead meets dissection. Look for "Death has Made its Call" and "And the Angels Wept" on Necropolis records

www.necropolisrecords.com

I have no idea what Benny Larsson, Sami Nerberg or Anders Lindberg are up to these days. Robban Karlsson was in Solar Dawn and Incapacity for awhile but I think he retired.

Totally great news! I´ve been a fan of Edge Of Sanity and Dan since 1992, so this really make me happy. A little bit sad that Benny won´t play the drums. Absolutely nothing wrong with your drumming Dan, but for Edge... Benny is the best.

Dan have you thought of any topic in particular for the lyrics? Because in my humble opinion,which not many people share,lyrics are extremely important,and I like the story told on Crimson.
so any ideas?
what about a poll on your site about a topic? Blind Guardian did that once and it was very succesful,of course they didn't follow it hehe