Cryptopsy

I like all of their cds, but Once Was Not is my favorite--mostly because the drumming is the best on that one.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
None So Vile is the ONLY one worth ANYTHING.

Quoted for truth. After that album they started to look like this...
cryptopsy2.jpg

I can't stand the we're 'technically fast' but can't play interesting notes or chords.

Thoth-Amon said:
I've only heard NSV, which I think is very good aside from the crappy vocals.
Well don't expect anything like the same sound on anything after None So Vile. But I enjoy all of their albums. Lord Worm's more-so than DiSalvo's but Cold Hate Warm Blood is an all time favorite. Flo is also my favorite and role model drummer. I met him 6 years ago, he's a cool guy.

I like the band, but I don't like the vocals on ANY of their albums. I'm not a fan of this grunting-like-you're-vomiting stuff. I prefer to hear at least SOME of the words! A good example is the new Amon Amarth album, "With Oden On Our Side", I love the vox on that. You can actually hear what the fuck he's saying!

Cryptopsy is the SH!T, personally i like worms vocals but totally dig disalvos also, he would have had better luck in a hardcore band i think....NSV and BMF are the two strongest albums they put out, i picked up the new one and to be honest im not really sure what to make of it

Not a good band in my opinion. A lot of my friends who are new to metal love them alongside stuff like Black Label Society and Children Of Bodom so that probably says a lot.

slityourguts666 said:
Cryptopsy is the SH!T, personally i like worms vocals but totally dig disalvos also, he would have had better luck in a hardcore band i think....NSV and BMF are the two strongest albums they put out, i picked up the new one and to be honest im not really sure what to make of it

:kickass: Boston:kickass:

hibernal_dream said:
Not a good band in my opinion. A lot of my friends who are new to metal love them alongside stuff like Black Label Society and Children Of Bodom so that probably says a lot.
Not really. When people are new to metal, they haven't defined a standard of quality for the music they listen to yet, so they'll tend to listen to most anything that sounds good to them, regardless of whether the music "sucks" or not.

AgoliantLives said:
I like all Cryptropsy albums, but the vocals alone of Mike DiSalvo nearly ruin their albums, "And Then You'll Beg," and "Whisper Supremacy" for me. Now that Lord Worm is back, they should redo both albums and make them the classics they rightfully should be.

Truth. "Once Was Not" was pretty so-so, though.. Their worst album by far, and extremely weak in comparison to the tour de force that is "Blasphemy Made Flesh" and the also fabulous "None So Vile".