Dan Spitz

His "I will never not record/tour ever again" statement was very very promising.

Amazing guitarist.

He has some good musos with patrick on drums etc so I am interested in seeing what his solo stuff will be like. But I hope he will come back to Thrax sooner, rather than later once he has mended.

I doubt they asked him - they only needed a singer. They already have a guitar player...if they're going to move forward they're going to keep Rob - he played on all of the new shit and even produced it. They get rid of Rob, they have to start recording from scratch.

As much as I love all the Bush era Thrax albums, I can't think of a single guitar solo on them that I thought was truly great. Hell, I thought Charlie's leads were better than Rob's.

Spitz has a sound of his own, he fitted the band perfectly. Rob is just another guitar player.

Reactions: n0tmanthrax
As much as I love all the Bush era Thrax albums, I can't think of a single guitar solo on them that I thought was truly great.

I thought the same thing about the Belladonna era albums though...Anthrax has never been a "that's an amazing solo" band to me. I'll leave that to Megadeth. Anthrax are just great at writing amazing riffs and songs. Not many solos have ever really stood out to me.

As much as I love all the Bush era Thrax albums, I can't think of a single guitar solo on them that I thought was truly great. Hell, I thought Charlie's leads were better than Rob's.

Spitz has a sound of his own, he fitted the band perfectly. Rob is just another guitar player.

Give the solo from "Ghost" a listen. That's easily one of my favorites.

I thought the same thing about the Belladonna era albums though...Anthrax has never been a "that's an amazing solo" band to me. I'll leave that to Megadeth. Anthrax are just great at writing amazing riffs and songs. Not many solos have ever really stood out to me.

Megs always has the solos. I look to Anthrax for the best vocals whether it be Joey or John (although I apparently am one of the few who favor Joey)...

I've been around the net and have seen Joey fanatics on every major metal site. The Bushthrax backlash is already fading fast.

Good. Over at the Megadeth forums its a 2:1 between Belledonna to Bush. Yet you still have the highly uneducated posters screaming stuff such as "Fuck Joey Premadonna" :puke:

Good. Over at the Megadeth forums its a 2:1 between Belledonna to Bush. Yet you still have the highly uneducated posters screaming stuff such as "Fuck Joey Premadonna" :puke:

I'm one of those. We're highly uneducated just because we have a different opinion and different taste (and can hear when someone's out of key)?:rolleyes:

The original Anthrax members are: Joey Belladonna, Dan Spitz, Frank Bello, Scott Ian and Charlie Benante.

This reunion was shit without Spitz, because Rob Caggiano was not original member of Anthrax. It looks very strange, when we see all members and only Spitz is missing. This must be reunion like Alive 2 in 2005.

I am a big fan of Anthrax, I have all stuff of them, but I listen only this albums, where played original members. I don't like John Bush, Rob Caggiano and Dan Nelson - This guys are not Anthrax, they are shit- That was said Spitz in one his interview and I agree with him.

I miss the old Anthrax band so:

bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back,
bring SPITZ back,:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Dan Spitz is a guitar master and is better than shitty Rob Caggiano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang:

The original Anthrax members are: Joey Belladonna, Dan Spitz, Frank Bello, Scott Ian and Charlie Benante.

This reunion was shit without Spitz, because Rob Caggiano was not original member of Anthrax. It looks very strange, when we see all members and only Spitz is missing. This must be reunion like Alive 2 in 2005.

I am a big fan of Anthrax, I have all stuff of them, but I listen only this albums, where played original members. I don't like John Bush, Rob Caggiano and Dan Nelson - This guys are not Anthrax, they are shit- That was said Spitz in one his interview and I agree with him.

bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back, bring SPITZ back,
bring SPITZ back,:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Dan Spitz is a guitar master and is better than shitty Rob Caggiano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang:

Wow. You signed up to post that? I can only hope this is a joke intended to stir up shit.

Let me just give your three words regarding the "original" Anthrax: Fistful of Metal.

Wow. You signed up to post that? I can only hope this is a joke intended to stir up shit.

Let me just give your three words regarding the "original" Anthrax: Fistful of Metal.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA.... :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

T:)

I know that: Fistful of Metal was recorded with Neil Turbin and Danny Lilker, but this is the only album (+demo albums) that was recorded by Turbin and Liker. They are beginners of Anthrax and not the original members. Anthrax came in recognition and have become famous with those members:

* Joey Belladonna – lead vocals
* Dan Spitz – lead guitar
* Scott Ian – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
* Frank Bello – bass, backing vocals
* Charlie Benante – drums

Look how many albums and concerts have been issued together before talking shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that: Many people would like to see Spitz and Belladonna together on reunion.

First look history of Anthrax than talk shit:

This albums and singles was recorded with the original members:

Spreading The Disease
Among The Living
State Of Euphoria
Persistence Of Time
Fistful Of Anthrax
Attack Of The Killer B's
Moshers... 1986-1991
Madhouse: The Very Best Of Anthrax
Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991)
Armed And Dangerous
I'm The Man
Penikufesin
The Island Years
Alive 2
Caught In A Mosh: BBC Live in Concert
Covers

Singles:

Madhouse
I Am The Law
Indians
Make Me Laugh
Got The Time
In My World

With Bush:

Sound Of White Noise
Stomp 442
Volume 8 - The Threat Is Real
We've Come For You All
The Greater Of Two Evils
Return Of The Killer A's
Music Of Mass Destruction

Singles:

Bring The Noise
Black Lodge
Hy Pro Glo
Only
Room For One More
Nothing
Inside Out
Safe Home
Taking The Music Back

With Turbin and Liker:

Fistful Of Metal
The Neil Turbin Demos

With Dan Nelson:

Double Door Chicago

:OMG:

So Shut The Fuck Up!!!!!!!!!:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

I know that: Fistful of Metal was recorded with Neil Turbin and Danny Lilker, but this is the only album (+demo albums) that was recorded by Turbin and Liker. They are beginners of Anthrax and not the original members. Anthrax came in recognition and have become famous with those members:

* Joey Belladonna – lead vocals
* Dan Spitz – lead guitar
* Scott Ian – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
* Frank Bello – bass, backing vocals
* Charlie Benante – drums

Look how many albums and concerts have been issued together before talking shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that: Many people would like to see Spitz and Belladonna together on reunion.

First look history of Anthrax than talk shit:

This albums and singles was recorded with the original members:

Spreading The Disease
Among The Living
State Of Euphoria
Persistence Of Time
Fistful Of Anthrax
Attack Of The Killer B's
Moshers... 1986-1991
Madhouse: The Very Best Of Anthrax
Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991)
Armed And Dangerous
I'm The Man
Penikufesin
The Island Years
Alive 2
Caught In A Mosh: BBC Live in Concert
Covers

Singles:

Madhouse
I Am The Law
Indians
Make Me Laugh
Got The Time
In My World

With Bush:

Sound Of White Noise
Stomp 442
Volume 8 - The Threat Is Real
We've Come For You All
The Greater Of Two Evils
Return Of The Killer A's
Music Of Mass Destruction

Singles:

Bring The Noise
Black Lodge
Hy Pro Glo
Only
Room For One More
Nothing
Inside Out
Safe Home
Taking The Music Back

With Turbin and Liker:

Fistful Of Metal
The Neil Turbin Demos

With Dan Nelson:

Double Door Chicago

:OMG:

So Shut The Fuck Up!!!!!!!!!:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

"Original" means first. So you're still wrong. :loco:

Anthrax hasn't been shit since Dave "The Snake" Sabo on guitar! And forget Charlie: Greg D'Angelo is the only drummer for Anthrax. End of story. You guys don't know shit about shit!

Only
Room for One More
Potters Field
Poison My Eyes
King Size
Riding Shotgun
Inside Out
Born Again Idiot
Stealing From A Thief
Strap It on
Safe Home
Cadillac Rock Box
Nobody Knows Anything
What Doesn't Die

Well other than the 'original member' thing. I agree. I am sure if Danny Spitz is healthy and everything he will rejoin Anthrax. That line up is definitely the best Anthrax Line Up and the one that will always be remembered by most metal heads.

I thought Persistence of Time was the bands best all around album. Production, musicianship, etc. (though I like ATL equally) I still don't know why they changed everything around after that masterpiece. But what ever. At least now like 15 years later they are starting to figure it out

Can't wait for the future of Anthrax