Dan Spitz

Damn - relax nj

Yes Dan Spitz was apart of the classic line-up of Anthrax but at the same time he was one of the few members to leave the band by his own will. When they did the reunion they were only restricted to playing all the Joey-era stuff (the only Bush era album he was on was SOWN).

I'm glad Rob is still in the band - he's a great on the ax and he's one of the reasons why WCFYA turned out to be one of the better Bush-era albums. With Joey returning this makes the line-up more solid and powerful - it's also a sign of Anthrax moving forward - now we can hear Joey throw down on the Bush-era classics as well as performing new songs.

As for Spitz - yeah I'm gonna miss him being in the band but with Rob on lead it's not that big of a loss.

Anthrax hasn't been shit since Dave "The Snake" Sabo on guitar! And forget Charlie: Greg D'Angelo is the only drummer for Anthrax. End of story. You guys don't know shit about shit!

And wasn't John Connelly the very original singer? Now that guy was a thrash vocalist....

And wasn't John Connelly the very original singer? Now that guy was a thrash vocalist....

Nuclear Assault was fuckin awesome. I used to be a huge fan of them. They are one of the most underrated Thrash bands of all time. Handle With Care, Survive, The Plague, Game Over... all brilliant 80's thrash albums.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher
Nuclear Assault is the only of Danny Lilker's well known bands that I never got into. They're not bad by any means, though. Otherwise:

-Brutal Truth was a huge part of my high school career.
-Exit-13 turned me into a vegetarian. Very thought-provoking.
-S.O.D. obviously.
-Venomous Concept with King Buzzo from the Melvins. Then later, half of Napalm Death!

I don't trust guys with sleeves or collars on their shirts!

Hmmm...there's an interesting interview @ metal-rules.com. My friend Marko did it a couple of years ago with Dan Spitz...
http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/547/80/

If he's such a superior guitar player - why he isn't in any major band?

T:)

Thanks very much for this, I remember a huge stink about Danny's claims to writing Stomp 442, plus all of Crook's and Dime's leads on that album. Scott went balistic and he issued a statment on this website refuting a lot of what the wee man said.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall!

I also recall that Danny tried a damage limitation exercise after Scott's statment where he claimed some things he said were taken out of context. Perhaps someone else on here remember's it more clearly???

Now that you mention it I remember this somewhat. I think Scott posted here something along the lines of Dan being delusional and they were trying to get the tape of the interview and it was being sorted internally, can't remember what, if any outcome there was.

...all I can say is that Marko has the tapes...:)

Anyway I don't wonder why he wasn't asked this time around...:)

btw. I haven't heard Joey's recent releases - did any of those jams he did with Dan end up published?

T:)

I always thought Sound of White Noise was the best Anthrax album for lead guitar as far as "memorable solos" go. Spreading the disease has to be the the most impressive disc though. You still can't deny Dime's solos or Rob's Safe Home solo, but Rob does fit new Anthrax way better and does all of Danny's solos justice live.

I miss Danny. :( Still hoping he'll rejoin one day, or for at least just one show. he is the LEAD guitarist of Anthrax. Others that came after him are just members who play lead guitar.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher