dan swano?

TestamentNut

Senior Shred Guitar Lord
Apr 1, 2002
yerma, mn
Visit site
i post in that forum on this site too. if you arent familiar with dan, he was the guitarist for edge of sanity and may other collaborations. hes a pretty cool dude too. ive emailed with him over the last bunch of years and he was always very cool. he also posts in his forum like james. its cool that guys of their stature in the music scene take the time to talk with their fans. Right on james!

Yes. Forums with band members that post, even if very occassionally, are very cool. I have soooo much more respect for Vintersorg now (not that I didn't before), but he posts occassionally and seems like a genuinely nice guy (cool too). Dan Swano's brother (Dag, aka Gurgleguff) posts alot, and he's also cool, it gives a whole other element to how the music is viewed, IMHO. Ofcourse, it can get overdone, depending on the crowd that view the forum. The Steve Digiorgio forum started off with the everybody-ask-Steve-a-question mentality, but it's matuered into a more general board with Steve as a contributor but not the sole focus. This forum is also in a similar early stage (nothing wrong with that, it's cool James is willing to be accessable!), hopefully it will mature in the same way (I always laugh at the Katatonia forum, whenever Anders makes a post, for about the next week the place is flooded with "Question to Anders" threads, then eventually people realise that's not how he works.. :D)

Dan works at a local music store in Örebro (where I live)... I can't say I know him but since I play guitar aswell I've spoken to him a couple of times at concerts and in that music store.... And i must say that he's a really nice guy and really "down to earth".

.../Claes

Originally posted by Sadistik
....whats James' opinion on Dan's work?

I always liked Edge of Sanity a lot, especially the first few albums since those are the ones I'm most familiar with. His solo CD was really good as well. Glad to hear he is a nice guy.

"The things I need least are the things I have the hardest time parting with. The process of weeding out, elimination. It's like going through withdrawals. It hurts to pull away. To leave things behind. The pain is temporary, like a lot of things." ~Henry Rollins, circa 1986