Dance of Death after a week and a bit

You think they are there more for creative input rather than what? Playing guitar?
I'm not debating the relative merits of any of the members, I'm merely stating an opinion that I feel that the next album will have a different line-up, or a reduced line-up.

I reckon they should get Blaze back and have two singers. Bruce can sing the tricky high bits, and Blaze can sing the low powerful bits. I reckon Blaze'd be great on Paschendale. And Bruce could sing harmonies like he does with himself on that song that I can't remember the name of right now.

I reckon Bruce should leave Iron Maiden again and get back to the solo albums. Adrian should go with him too.

For once I agree with Spawny. Chemical Wedding is better than Brave New World and Dance of Death. Not sure about Adrian going with him - I think he should do more solo stuff himself, preferably in the tradition of ASAP and the like.

Janick can go back to being a session guitarist, Nicko can join Dan Spitz in his little Christian band, Steve can retire and Dave can be his butler.

Phloggy it took you 7 minutes to remember the name of the song...

wow... isnt that umm... not interesting... lol

Nightwing said:
I just feel that when the dust settles, DoD will be seen as something of a dissapointment overall, or something that could have been much better.
Man... I'm still failing to see why Dance of Death is a disappointment. Am I the only one who isn't disappointed by it? I feel like spawn defending Digimortal or ceydn telling us that Reload is good. I'm even starting to kind of like the title track now, even though it really does sound like the Chicken Dance!

Goreripper said:
Man... I'm still failing to see why Dance of Death is a disappointment. Am I the only one who isn't disappointed by it?
I'm not dissapointed in it at all. Some of the tracks that I didn't like as much as others initially have now grown on me. It's right up there alongside my two fave albums - Powerslave and Seventh Son. I had the three discs on random yesterday and DoD is worthy.

Nope, me either, anymore. The first listen I was dissapointed about the "reuse" of certain bits from past albums, but I've accepted that and now enjoy the album alot.

I am VERY happy with it, and think it is the best album with Bruce since SIT, and I think it is hard to believe so many people arent happy with it. An album like 'St Anger' which I like, I can understand people not getting into, but DoD is just pure Maiden and the best we have seen them in a long time, whats not to be happy about?

I'd say I'm happy with five-elevenths, warming to another three-elevenths, not happy at all with two-elevenths and still ambivelant with the other one.

Is that 11? Good. :)

Moon Child said:
First of all, you're a sweetie Nigel

Truer words were never spoken.

Of course, you will be the first to know about the release. I'm trying to do the serious musician thing too and get my piano up to scratch so that I can do some unplugged sets around Sydney in a few months.

Ooh, you're following my suggestion of being a serious muso by practicing (practising?) the piano. :) That could be the making of you, and you'll have me to thank, and then I can do a Scott Michaelsen and sue you for royalties!

:headbang: