DANDELIUM - New song clip, using LeCto + Greg's impulses.

Omg! :OMG: That tone is just awesome! And my jaw is still dropping from those mindblowing riffs! Just my type of music, very melodic and still very brutal! Damn I can't believe this! :worship:

The tone is very good, but not my cup of tea... not because of you but because of the amp himself... don't like mesa amps...

For me your best tone is the one you made with Lextac. it feets more Dandelium's style.

Can you give details about bass ? I really like it and I think that this is the key to your big sound.

Thanks!

Bass is my Harley Benton bass (150€...) into my Toneport UX1, processed with POD Farm and compressed to fuck for a clean, round and full sound. Then another duplicated bass track is distorted with LeXTAC and guitar impulse (Catharsis s-preshigh) and lowpassed at 250Hz; hipassed at 4.5Khz just to keep the growling mids (Thanks Ola for the trick!). Then mixed pretty loud.

Cheers!

Updated version, less bass heavy and improved overall mix.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/tema 15 lecto v2.mp3

Pickup is EMG81 no mod. Bass comp settings: ratio 4:1; threshold 0 (from -15 to +15); attack 3ms; release 0.6ms.

much better, i think the lead at parts is a little harsh, but not really noticable, im just going out of my way to point out something :D

Dandelium i love how you put out some of the best mixes on this forum with minimal gear. You still using your ATHM50's?

Btw is this mastered?

Updated version, less bass heavy and improved overall mix.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/tema 15 lecto v2.mp3

Pickup is EMG81 no mod. Bass comp settings: ratio 4:1; threshold 0 (from -15 to +15); attack 3ms; release 0.6ms.
I think i played the first version in a pub last night and there was a huge ammount of annoying bass. On my headphones i dont hear that bass, but in that pub it was very present.

Hopefully this version is better :)

fuckin' awesome tune! i really want to play with these settings myself.

edit: can't wait until ongel releases tse808 full version, so i'll get to then :p. might replace tss on my setup

Everything I hear of yours always manages to kick complete ass! Now I HAVE To ask you this...

How do you write your songs/music? Like if your programming drums, do you write your riff, then program a drum pattern to fit the riff? or program your drums before you record the riff?

Sorry if its a OT question and a pointless one, but I've had a writers block for 4 months now :( and I need a new way to write :rofl:

Well, believe it or not, I'm on the deepest blackout song writing-wise of the last 6 months. It's always different for each song, but for this one I just picked my guitar, tuned it to Drop A, and started riffing on the 5 highest strings as if it was a E tuned regular guitar. I suddenly came up with the first riff (a lot of Mors Principium Est influence there, but brought down to my playing level) and I liked it, it sounded clear and punchy. Then the second riff was obvious and easy to achieve as it's the same thing played in the low strings. The third riff was pure Sybreed influence, and the latest one was a bit Scar Symmetry-esque, as I'm planning to go epic with vocals there, so I had to leave some room for them.

Cheers!