Daniel is SOOO cute!

Kim K said:
LMAO. That was great. Sorry no dirt pudding at PP. But then again I could change my mind ........ for the right price ;-)

If you make some dirt pudding for PPVI I promise not to poke you on your glutes. :D J/k.... ^____^ It was divine stuff at the first party.

Bryant

lady_space said:
Really, he is. All the girls here at work think so, anyway.

Oh, and he plays guitar okay, too. ;)

Shaye

Hard for me to give a great response to that. Daniel was the most "photogenic" of all the guys in TM though. Give him some boobs and brown eyes and he might be somewhat sexy.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hard for me to give a great response to that. Daniel was the most "photogenic" of all the guys in TM though. Give him some boobs and brown eyes and he might be somewhat sexy.

Well, damn, I thought you'd jump all over the guitar part when I posted that. I know you love that guitar he had (wasn't it an Ibanez?)... edumicate us on the virtues of Daniel's playing. :)

Shaye

lady_space said:
Well, damn, I thought you'd jump all over the guitar part when I posted that. I know you love that guitar he had (wasn't it an Ibanez?)... edumicate us on the virtues of Daniel's playing. :)

Shaye

Hmmm.... Daniel's Ibanez (the one he played at PP) is absolutely gorgeous. I even asked someone on this board to steal it for me at the Chicago Metal-Fest, but they didn't do it. >:p~

As far as Daniel as a player.... he is well above average.

First and foremost, he is a great songwriter. TM made a big change when he arrived and he and Urban started writing together. He also uses chords. So many bands these days forgot how to play a power chord. I love the "Maiden style" guitar playing as much as the next guy and it has it's place, but when you need to add "oomphh!!" to music from a guitar standpoint, the power chord is the way to go.
Daniel is a great showman and a good harmony vocalist. Live, Daniel kicks it. He is enjoyable to watch is very good with the crowd. He is flawless in his rythm and trythm tone.
As far as a soloist, he is better than average from a technical aspect, but his tone could be better and he doesn't play with authority. I enjoy his solos and am in no way knocking him, but "playing with authority" isn't necessarily connected with "skill" per se' but it is also practically impossible to explain. Daniel seems like a good soldier who doesn't seem to want to disrupt the flow of the song to play a loud, ass-kincking solo. That may be the whole thing behind all of it. He might could hang with Yngwie's ass (except at a hamburger eating contest) at soloing, but he chooses a different tactic for continuity in the songs.

Bryant