Dark fucking Throne!

Darkthrone f.o.a.d is really good. I generally do not care for darkthrone. Soulside Journey and A Blaze In The Northern Sky are cool.

The new "mascot" is a lame mashup of Eddie from Maiden and The skull From THe Exploited.

darkthrone_foad.jpg
=
Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg
+
51XZhUSTXWL._AA240_.jpg

Still remember when they denounced Soulside Journey, was right into Death Metal at the time and really liked that album, when i bought A Blaze In The Northern Sky(on tape) i'd never heard anything like it before,Darkthrone keep kicking out the jams!! I personally love Total Death

OK it's not their best album overall, or even close to most "important" (obviously the BM albums are much more seminal), but it's my favorite single work they did. It's a top-notch piece of proto-tech-death mastery.

^^That's stupid.

^Are you saying they un-denounced it? That would show some character, but it's still dumbness.

It's true, at the time that they transitioned from Death Metal to Black Metal, they thoroughly denounced their debut as puerile, trendy garbage (since the Norwegian Black Metal movement was largely in response to the rise of 100s of boring Left Hand Path-worshipping Death Metal bands). They got really into the whole 'true' thing in the early days, (although privately I'm sure they didn't really give a shit) but after a while they have no problem recognizing it again, and are back to praising Autopsy endlessly like they did pre-Black Metal era (they even signed Abscess to their record label).

I think there are reasonable circumstances in which a band can disown some of their works. If a band isn't happy with their output, that's their decision whether or not to recognize it. Of course, acting like it never happened (see Pantera) is stupid, and it has no bearing on others' opinions of said disowned records, but bands are still entitled to recognize/not recognize their works as 'proper' releases or whatnot imo.

:lol:

Still remember when they denounced Soulside Journey

Was that around the time they started to suck?

Seriously, I don't see how you can say that the Transilvanian Hunger style stuff is any good except on an "artistic statement" level, whereas Soulside kicked major ass

I think there are reasonable circumstances in which a band can disown some of their works. If a band isn't happy with their output, that's their decision whether or not to recognize it. Of course, acting like it never happened (see Pantera) is stupid, and it has no bearing on others' opinions of said disowned records, but bands are still entitled to recognize/not recognize their works as 'proper' releases or whatnot imo.

Is this why all you people here hate Pantera?I have always wondered why

Destruction's cannonball album is a good example. And celtic frost should have stayed as dead as venom instead of spewing poser shit all out everywhere.