Dark Fucking Throne! (II)

fail01.jpg

Ehhhh, fuck, I dunno. I want to like it, but this looks bad. Even for stupidfun throwback metal, that cover artwork is pretty lame. Sorry, Dorkthrone. I guess I'll still give it a listen, though.

Here's how I'd rank 'em:

01. Under a Funeral Moon
02. A Blaze in the Northern Sky
03. Soulside Journey
04. Transilvanian Hunger
05. Panzerfaust
06. Hate Them
07. Sardonic Wrath
08. Ravishing Grimness
09. F.O.A.D
10. The Cult is Alive
11. Plaguewielder
12. Goatlord
13. Dark Thrones and Black Flags

Best black metal. This stuff scares the crap out of me. I mean, this is the only metal band that creeps me out when I put the headphones on late at night. No one does the raw black metal better. They accomplish EXACTLY what there going for. A good black metal album isn't an easy thing to make. But when they are good it's like a good punk album or something. It's very different than a good death or thrash album.

:lol: - I guess so. I did search for it, even trolled through manually and still couldn't find it. I guess I'm as clueless about searching as you are about posting screenshots which could have been resized, right?

Oh, good one. Yes, I'm totally clueless about resizing pictures. Has nothing to do at all with me not giving a shit about spoiling a page on your pointless thread.

It's even listed in the genre/band directory thread that's stickied on GMD. I seriously don't think you could have made less of an effort to find it.

Ehhhh, fuck, I dunno. I want to like it, but this looks bad. Even for stupidfun throwback metal, that cover artwork is pretty lame. Sorry, Dorkthrone. I guess I'll still give it a listen, though.

Here's how I'd rank 'em:

01. Under a Funeral Moon
02. A Blaze in the Northern Sky
03. Soulside Journey
04. Transilvanian Hunger
05. Panzerfaust
06. Hate Them
07. Sardonic Wrath
08. Ravishing Grimness
09. F.O.A.D
10. The Cult is Alive
11. Plaguewielder
12. Goatlord
13. Dark Thrones and Black Flags

You forgot to add Total Death,one of my personal faves,Dark Throne fucking rule!! Always have,always will!!.

Best black metal. This stuff scares the crap out of me. I mean, this is the only metal band that creeps me out when I put the headphones on late at night. No one does the raw black metal better. They accomplish EXACTLY what there going for. A good black metal album isn't an easy thing to make. But when they are good it's like a good punk album or something. It's very different than a good death or thrash album.

Oh, Darkthrone is so scary!!!111

Pfft, as if. Now if you want something creepy, then:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have trouble sleeping I usually put on a mix of Darkthrones first three, Mayhem's DMDS, and Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain, and insert just one earphone, and put it to a whisper-low volume and sure enough I fall asleep shortly thereafter...I've been doing this periodically for almost 3 years..not sure why it works for me, it's not exactly soothing lullaby material!

Darkthrone are originators.Pretty much the best band of the entire second wave...especially if you're talking pure BM and they are staunch,they never squealed,Darkthrone are the kings!!

Haven't you seen the bodies of some of these artists after having children? I'm telling you man, it's just not as fun as before.

Okay, so who's heard Circle The Wagons?

imo it's a definite progression from FOAD and DTABF, far more traditional heavy metal, but has their black metal/anti-metal attitude strongly intact.

It's definitely a continuation of self-indulgence, but who cares? The haters should just go and fuck off, truly.

CTW is a good record, but outstanding? No. But it's not meant to be either.

Standouts imo:
- Stylised Corpse
- Black Mountain Totem
- Eyes Burst at Dawn
- Bränn Inte Slottet