Dark fucking Throne!

The reason that Darkthrone doesn't play live today is because (especially) Fenriz doesn't like live shows. Darkthrone were certainly gr1m and kvlt and tr00 in the beginning, nobody will deny that, not even them.

They stopped playing live when they started playing Black Metal (or thereabout). They weren't playing by the time A Blaze In The Northern Sky was released.

They stopped playing live when they started playing Black Metal (or thereabout). They weren't playing by the time A Blaze In The Northern Sky was released.

They quit right after ...Hunger from my what I have heard. The bootlegs suggest that, I think. i am going to check out the live bootlegs and see if there were any live tracks from ...Hunger.

They quit right after ...Hunger from my what I have heard. The bootlegs suggest that, I think. i am going to check out the live bootlegs and see if there were any live tracks from ...Hunger.

Tracklist:
A Night of Unholy Black Metal

Live in Oslo, Norway, 06april96
1. Intro
2. Under a Funeral Moon
3. Blackwinged
4. Transilvanian Hunger
5. In the Shadow of the Horns
Live in Finland, 04may91
6. Paragon Belial
7. Ablaze in the Northern Sky
8. Life (unreleased song)
9. no name (unreleased song)
Rehearsal 1992
10. Under a Funeral Moon
11. Unholy Black Metal
12. Summer of the Diabolical Holocaust
13. Crossing the Triangle of Flames
14. Natassja in Eternal Sleep
Length: 53:56

Yup. I was right.

I heard that you won't play live anymore. Why?
We don't play live anymore because of sound problems, silly trend audience, stagedivers (shoot em) and other financial and equipmental problems. In Finland we had to kick people off the stage down to the audience because they were just standing there or they were about to stagedive. They think they own the stage. WE are the artists, THEY are the (trendy) audience. A DARKTHRONE show is grim. But we don't wanna play live anymore. We've played 20 gigs and all sucked!!! We can play our songs live we don't fuck up, but it's everything else concerning the gig. And afterwards there are always wimps that hang around for an autograph!

That's from 1992. I think maybe they did a couple of shows past the first BM album, but that's about it.

Actually...You're right, they apparently played one more gig:

Hmm... I 'think' I've read in a lot of zines that you've said that there will be no more Darkthrone gigs. But you played a concert with Satyricon and Dissection not long ago. Do you have anything to say to your defence?
Nocturno Culto made me do it (poor you -ed),
anyway that was our final gig.

He's suggesting that you're still a black metal noob despite having heard Emperor and Satyricon. Which is probably true.

Actually, I think a lot of it is that he's against downloading. Not that that's a bad thing.

He should almost surely START d'ling to find out about more bands and not just take 'the forums' word for it.