Dark fucking Throne!

When did I say Venom was not black metal? Maybe MasterOLighting said that. I did not. Quote me please.
Umm, no, I've never said that. I haven't even disputed whether FOAD was BM or not. I have a looser definition of BM, so I probably would say it is, based on the one song I've heard. I haven't heard the album though. This debate didn't really hinge on the particulars of the music as much as what the music was meant to represent and accomplish.

I think I'll pick up another Darkthrone album while I'm down in Boston for Fall Break. I'm aiming for either Panzerfaust or TCIA. Probably the latter due to its availability.

^If I see any of the first 5 or 6 Darkthrones in a store I'll probbaly pick up one, sadly, I've only seen 2 stores with Darkthrone records, one in Gatlinburg, Tennessee the week after I bought INTE by Emperor and i really was a black metal noob then and didnt know much about anything other than Emperor and a little Satyricon. And at Tower Records they had Total Death, Panzerfaust, and Sardonic Wrath but I passed because i wanted one of the Unholy 3.

But their success was in part due to their adherent 'fuck you' attitude, otherwise they could have had easily jumped aboard the death metal bandwagon that was in order to obtain popularity and easy success. They never did, and instead they helped develop the genre that became what black metal is today. Now people are calling them on it. They aren't just a band, they are a significant band in the metal's history. They've stayed truthful to themselves, that's all that matters amid all the stupid criticism.

I agree completely.Almost anything that's easy to do never lasts or gets much credit.Darkthrone endured much criticism
and doors closing on them yet they endured and set their own standards.Some people take that as a fuck you,namely the larger record labels that try to categorize everyone and turn them into mindless sheep.

Nevermind, I was confusing you with Astrum, but you did say that "all there was" in older Black Metal was Venom and Bathory, which, again shows a great lack of understanding of the origins of the genre.

I meant in general. I was not going to go into Sarcafago(spelling?) and Celtic Frost etc.

I got The Cult is Alive at the record store today and I popped it into the car stereo for the drive home. I was very pleased.

I got The Cult is Alive at the record store today and I popped it into the car stereo for the drive home. I was very pleased.

Yea, its pretty good.

Was just thinking that if Darkthrone decided to play Wacken some fucker will say,without a doubt, "this is a fuck you in the face of false metal." They will find some way to make Darkthrone's choices
necro as fuck.

That's because they are nekro as fuck.

You are missing the point. We all know that if they decided to play Wacken it would be a sell out move but someone will find a way really stupid way to claim its their great fuck you attitude and how cool it is that they are playing live.

They don't not play to be kvlt or some bullshit. They don't play largely because Fenriz doesn't like it. Didn't Nocturno Culto play Wacken with Satyricon?

Why is Noctyrno Culto playing with Satyricon bullshit?

As far as I know, there's no problem between Fenriz and Satyr.

They don't not play to be kvlt or some bullshit.

hahah.... which norwegian bands didn't try to be kvlt in the 90s? I can't think of one. They all used those corpse paint and black and white pictures in the forest.