Dark fucking Throne!

This is Darkthrone in a nutshell

432729.jpg

The term simplicity implies an unsophistication of method and a coincidence in merit. This is not Darkthrone. Rather, they employed minimalism to great effect to create vast expanses of aural landscapes amid bonecrushing Celtic Frost and Autopsy riffs.
You are right. The term "simple" did not convey my meaning correctly. I meant minimalism. The riffs by themselves are technically simple or easy to play, but they are that obviously not because "unsophistication of method and a coincidence in merit".

You've never bothered to listen to any non-Ozzy, non-Dio Sabbath, most likely, and that's your loss. Black Sabbath has released some excellent material after Ozzy. And even Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die are strong efforts.

Never Say Die is great. Surprised the fuck out of me, as I had heard nothing positive about it.

Graveland is a talentless pseudo-political band.

Does anyone else notice that darkthrons riff are easy to play but no one can write anything has good has them.

I don't see how Graveland can go from Carpathian Wolves to Thousand Swords to Following The Voice Of Blood to Immortal Pride to Creed Of Iron and be accused of never evolving.