Dark fucking Throne!

Early Graveland is incredibly raw, abrasive Black Metal. Later Graveland is very epic, bombastic, folk influenced Black/Heavy Metal (insofar as it's heavily influenced by mid-period Bathory, which was heavily influenced by Manowar). The two styles are worlds apart. Graveland has actually evolved more than the vast majority of bands do.

Edit: And I'm the one who said to stop fucking talking about Graveland.

<== idiot

Early Graveland is incredibly raw, abrasive Black Metal. Later Graveland is very epic, bombastic, folk influenced Black/Heavy Metal (insofar as it's heavily influenced by mid-period Bathory, which was heavily influenced by Manowar). The two styles are worlds apart. Graveland has actually evolved more than the vast majority of bands do.

<== idiot

s117.gif

anyway, i'm interested in this later graveland style

Panzerfaust and Transilvanian Hunger are great. Panzerfaust is a bit underrated, but it seems like people are starting to come around. It's a bit short I guess. No one ever mentions Sno Og Granskog, which is a great, unique track in their library. UAFM is very good, and I never really got into ABITNS beyond the first track. Newer Darkthrone is only worth about 3-5 listens before I stop being interested.

Someone told me the last time Darkthrone performed live was before 1991, anyone seen any videos of them live?

On Preparing For War special edition there are live videos:
Oslo TV 1989
Riihimaki-Finland 1991
Lahti-Finland 1991
Oslo 1996

Darkthrone fucking rules Black Metal from what I've heard
A Blaze In The Northern Sky is the first time I heard them
except a weird sampler from a Peaceville comp. tape way back

<== idiot

If i did not like TS were else should I start then.

I when this happens. I say I hate a band then next thing I am liking them.

Graveland is not to bad. Still I hope someone throws darken in a gas chamber.

I personally think "A blaze in the northern sky" is the best darkthrone release. Also I loved their new song called Canadian Metal and can't wait to hear their new album!

On Preparing For War special edition there are live videos:
Oslo TV 1989
Riihimaki-Finland 1991
Lahti-Finland 1991
Oslo 1996

Darkthrone fucking rules Black Metal from what I've heard
A Blaze In The Northern Sky is the first time I heard them
except a weird sampler from a Peaceville comp. tape way back
I seen Preparing for War for sale used on Amazon for 6 $. And if the Hot Topic in Nashville has Panzerfaust I'm grabbing it, I'm about to sample it.

I seen Preparing for War for sale used on Amazon for 6 $. And if the Hot Topic in Nashville has Panzerfaust I'm grabbing it, I'm about to sample it.

Hot topic selling darkthrone haha.

BTW that band blue wizard:erk: . You need to work a but more on it and the wizard in the background is a little cheesy.

Hot topic selling darkthrone haha.

BTW that band blue wizard:erk: . You need to work a but more on it and the wizard in the background is a little cheesy.
Ok, so you dont really like the newest song much then? I've heard it was an improvement, I'm trying to get better at making music and keeping active is really the only way to do it. Maybe I should just make the background solid blue?

Ok, so you dont really like the newest song much then? I've heard it was an improvement, I'm trying to get better at making music and keeping active is really the only way to do it. Maybe I should just make the background solid blue?

To tell the truth the whole layout and everything is a little gay. If you want I could make you a cool layout.

Transilvanian Hunger is a great song as far as the atmosphere....but my instincts does not let me get used to the blast beat through the entire song which is what turned me off originally. I have a hard time listening to them.
They are pioneers of black metal and therefore I must show respect.

You highlighted a certain part of the post in red. The logical conclusion would be that you're responding to that part.