Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

Of course, it only encouraged her when I said he'd probably love it, but in truth, he seems like the kind of guy who would recognize the intent and have a good laugh. It's one of the reasons I love the band live - sense of humor is everything.

~kov.

exactly. I've also heard alot of complaints about DT live,saying that Mikael is just too happy on stage.

Honestly,what are you supposed to do,just sit there and sulk while singing the songs?

Well, to be honest, the little dance he started doing on stage last time he was in NYC was a tad ridiculous (you remember that Plin? It was a kind of back and forth shuffle that just cracked me up), and kinda ruined the mood of the solo going on at the time, but it got Niklas to crack up while he was playing, so it was all worth it. It takes a little time to really catch on to the self-deprecating nature of their humor sometimes.

~kov.

Honestly,what are you supposed to do,just sit there and sulk while singing the songs?

Yes. If you are true kvlt. Or emo.

I've heard DT has an unbelievable live rep that challenges some of the best live acts out there (minus the whole "OMG ITS COOL TO SEE THEM PLAY" thing that sometimes happens with bands that have been popular for a long time, ie Iron Maiden), and March seems soooooo faaaaaaaaaaaar awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

A legit question I forgot to ask earlier: Are there usually mosh pits/flash dancing areas at DT shows? I'm not worried about myself, but I am bringing the g/f and she has yet to go to a metal show. Not that she couldn't hold her own, I'm just wary of assholes. So, perchance do they happen?

From my experience, there is rarely a real pit while DT plays. I would, however, still watch out for your girl, as from my experience, it's more of a CRUSH. Literally everyone just tries to get as close to the band as possible - to the point where at the last show I went to my feet left the floor at one point from the pressure being exerted on me from all sides (and I was none too light at that point, either). Now, that could just be a freakish occurrence, but I'd be careful all the same.

And yes, they have an excellent, excellent live show. It's really a matter of how engaged with the audience Stanne gets. He'll really get into it, and tries to get everyone else into it as well - it just gets infectious. Hell, listen to some of the bootlegs, and the stuff he says - it's hysterical.

~kov.

Well, to be honest, the little dance he started doing on stage last time he was in NYC was a tad ridiculous (you remember that Plin? It was a kind of back and forth shuffle that just cracked me up), and kinda ruined the mood of the solo going on at the time, but it got Niklas to crack up while he was playing, so it was all worth it. It takes a little time to really catch on to the self-deprecating nature of their humor sometimes.

To tell you the truth, I don't remember that - I think the only person more intoxicated than me was Mikael himself :D

Yeah, you were a bit gone, haha.

It was still pretty funny, though.

~kov.

The most fun went on across the street in the Manhattan Brewery (now gone without a trace)... which ended up around 5 am :Smug:

The best longest all-nighter I ever had :D

i made these prototype posters:

PA140006.jpg

PA140005.jpg

Intriguing. I now have tickets to the 3.23 Massachusetts show.

However, I just found out that the fiancee has Spring Break starting 3.26, meaning she'll be in New York that week (starting Sun, 3.25). I think we know what that means.

~kov. (Stopping by Irving Plaza tomorrow afternoon, perhaps? We shall see...)

Planning your leisure depending on someone's vacation times akin to planning your sexual life according to someone's period.

I.e. - mistake la grande.

I agree, in principle, disturbing as your comparison might be.

To clarify, we're still going to at least one of the shows. Probably at least still the Mass. show, as I have the tix already. But I was actually considering going to the NY show after all (and fuck work the next day - the joys of coming into work mute and deaf were my main considerations in not going), but this just seals it. If she's willing to go to the NY show as well, I'm taking her.

~kov.

I would take a day, too, but my boss is none too happy with me right now, because of the whole transfer thingie. Maybe I'll just call in sick - I'll certainly sound it.

~kov.

You, lying bastard :heh:

I was thinking the same thing about a sick day, but decided to avoid any disturbances the next day - you don't have to spoil your night with expectations of a morning lie. Ticks meself off, I know :saint:

This is true - I hate it as well - did it twice to stay up in Boston an extra day already, so I know the feeling. It really is a pretty bad one.

In any case, I'll probably wind up going in to work anyway and claiming I'm sick, just to seem hardcore.

~kov.