Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

Nope, no idea about prices yet. It's up to the manufacturer/management/label etc. I have no clue how much those things generally cost..?

I can't recall precisely, but necklaces could be around $10, buckle - $20-25, flask - I'd say anything around $30-50 (something like that was during CoB concert, they didn't have a flask, or did I miss it, since I go to the merch table after the set). But those are more my expectations, as well as general prices on the market as far as I know.

I gona get a flask.

I think the engraving is the best part of it. I'm surprised they went with Edenspring over Lethe, though.

Soon we'll have our interesting "Post a pic of you drinking from the fountain of youth!" thread, post-tour.

~kov.

...here are some previews of what hopefully will be offered in terms of merch on the upcoming tour. Just got the production samples and they look very good.

For the style conscious consumer of beverages, a D.T. emblazoned flask:

novelli_flask1.jpg

novelli_flask2.jpg

Belt buckle (sorry for crap photo):

novelli_belt_buckle.jpg

Necklaces:

novelli_neck.jpg

There will also be some different shirts as well.

if they are sold on the tour:
I hope there will be enough left for the L.A. show...

I'll be at the first 2 shows of this tour(plus other stops later on), so if anyone wants any DT merchandise I'll be happy to get it for You (if you live in the US/Canada I'm sure you can get what you want at the shows) I'm being very trusting with this offer, so if I buy something for you, I expect payment. No excuses.
I'll take cash(Dollars or Euros), I can also take credit card payments through PayPal.
You pay the postage to your location.

PM me or I be here, rammxtein(at)AOL(dot)com < this is NOT my PayPal email address

BTW, if I don't know of you from being on the forum over the last year or two, don't ask -

You know, when I initially heard about this tour I shat myself with glee. Now that I've known about it for awhile now Im still shitting myself, that's how goddamned excited I am about this. Cheers to you DT you truly are sugar daddies.

Nick

Indeed. Lethe has long been associated with said stupor, and so I found it surprising they picked a line from another song.

Although, I still really wanted to see "Rundown, Naked and Blind" on there.

~kov.

not to get too off topic, but holy shit, anita, you saw one of the Opeth chronology shows?????? everyone on the opeth forum was choked that they never played BRI, but a 20 min song live probably isn't a good idea.

/rant:

Well I saw Opeth live twice. The first time was when they toured with DT last year...I ditched them after one song to go and chat about with Niklas in the band's tour RV :) . The second time was with the Gigantour and they yet again accomplished to bore me. Fact is, I used to really appreciate their music...then I saw them live...They have about has much energy as Valium-addicted insomniacs and Akerfeldt's whole "snob" act on stage is a major downer.

/rant

AsI said - the only good thing about Opeth is that they brought dt here last year. I gave them a fair listen after a bunch of recommendations... woke up 2 hours later with a headache.

not to get too off topic, but holy shit, anita, you saw one of the Opeth chronology shows?????? everyone on the opeth forum was choked that they never played BRI, but a 20 min song live probably isn't a good idea.

First off that's not my real name.

Yeah after the first show I saw Opeth at while Mikael was signing my copy of Orchid I kinda needled him about why they didn't play the old stuff. The next time I saw them was the Chronology tour which was amazing. I actually like Mikael's stage manner, although I guess some people can't take a joke on this message board.

Opeth in my opinion has really stagnated since Still Life. They've stopped evolving, all their song forms are the same, and there is very little if any experimentation. The first four albums are all really distinct from one another, which is why I bothered Mikael about playing the old stuff. It's obvious that he really doesn't like any of it these days but it was a lot more vibrant and creative and unpredictable than what they put out recently.

Which brings me back to why DT is my favorite band - they seem to always evolve while retaining their identity, and continuity. Very difficult to do for 15 or however many years. I also wish DT would play more old stuff live since I never got a chance to see them tour in support of the Mind's I and the Gallery (back then [1996-97] they didn't have a website, all they had was a PO Box in Sweden you could write to) and wishing for them to come to America seemed like holding out for the Second Coming of Christ. I'm glad things have changed and I would be happy if they played every song off of Fiction and only a smattering of older stuff.