Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

We have tentative confirmation that Kov will be attending the NYC show.

More news as this story breaks.

Edit 1: Kov & Co will be attending. Tickets to be purchased today. Note: TicketBastard lists the tix as all General Admission. Does this mean mad dash for seats? "Hey, we'll have those pesky seats out of your way!", or Riot in the Aisles?

~kov.

We have tentative confirmation that Kov will be attending the NYC show.

More news as this story breaks.

Edit 1: Kov & Co will be attending. Tickets to be purchased today. Note: TicketBastard lists the tix as all General Admission. Does this mean mad dash for seats? "Hey, we'll have those pesky seats out of your way!", or Riot in the Aisles?

~kov.

I am actually very much interested as to how the seating will go. I just went to buy the tickets today (which took me about an hour finding the ticket office, ended up buying tickets for some punk band located at the theatre where the ticket office is held, thank god I found my error) and I can't imagine that Gramercy theatre will remove their seats. However, considering this is my first metal show, I can't fully imagine it having seats in the first place.

My ticket has a section, row, AND seat number on it... but this can't possibly be!

I am actually very much interested as to how the seating will go. I just went to buy the tickets today (which took me about an hour finding the ticket office, ended up buying tickets for some punk band located at the theatre where the ticket office is held, thank god I found my error) and I can't imagine that Gramercy theatre will remove their seats. However, considering this is my first metal show, I can't fully imagine it having seats in the first place.

My ticket has a section, row, AND seat number on it... but this can't possibly be!

I hope that they do get rid of those seats, wouldnt be very fun with them there. Never having been there myself I dunno if it is even possible, or maybe they are those slide away chairs (go under the stage or floor, couple places can do that in ottawa that I know of). All I do know is that the Montreal venue will kick ass, saw them at the same place a couple years back, huge open area. Got my tickes for this show as soon as I heared about it. I just need to remember to tie my shoes tighter this time, last DT show I was at I lost my right shoe about half way though their set.

I hope that they do get rid of those seats, wouldnt be very fun with them there. Never having been there myself I dunno if it is even possible, or maybe they are those slide away chairs (go under the stage or floor, couple places can do that in ottawa that I know of). All I do know is that the Montreal venue will kick ass, saw them at the same place a couple years back, huge open area. Got my tickes for this show as soon as I heared about it. I just need to remember to tie my shoes tighter this time, last DT show I was at I lost my right shoe about half way though their set.

Ewww the Medley sounds like shit (most of the time), and when there's a lot of people, it's so difficult to walk in there. Medley = bad bad bad. I would have been really happy if they were playing the Club Soda instead!

I never understand the losing shoes thing. I've seen it happen before, but where do they go? Does someone just pick them up and leave?

And yes, seats will suck if they are present. Saw Ozzfest in a stadium. Blew. Saw Metallica in MSG. Sucked because I was in the seated area. We need room to move around - not that DT usually has any pits, but still, movement is key.

~kov.

Haha, I understand how the shoes come off - just not where they disappear to.

In any case, I'm gonna have to start looking for a back up metalhead - got two tix, but she might not be able to make it to the NYC show.

~kov.

I'm a little afraid there. I'm gonna try and figure out what you meant by that, but either its a 'metal piece-of-ass', or perhaps you were saying you had Buns of Steel or something.

In the former case, that is why she was coming along initially, was it not? :p (Just kidding - don't want to die.)

In the latter... TMI.

~kov.

I went to an Opeth show last year in NYC and they had seats. The entire house was seated. It was great - nobody got tired, stepped on anyone's foot, or started fights. Then again, Opeth is a different type of metal with a lot of acoustic passages and whatnot so the DT dynamic will be different.

Also, Opeth had ballet dancers for the first 20 min of the show. Very strange, and I would have rather seen them play an extra 20 min but the trade-off was that they played 1 song off of each album in order. The tour was called Chronology. I remember at the show before that while Mikael was autographing my Orchid CD (their first album) I challenged him as to why they didn't play any of their older stuff which I could tell took him by surprise - either because fans don't challenge him or engage in real conversation, or because 85% of the fans haven't heard of their first few albums. I'd like to think that I had a role in influencing the decision to do Chronology but I shouldn't fool myself.

I went to an Opeth show last year in NYC and they had seats. The entire house was seated. It was great - nobody got tired, stepped on anyone's foot, or started fights. Then again, Opeth is a different type of metal with a lot of acoustic passages and whatnot so the DT dynamic will be different.

Pff, no fun.

And Opeth isn't metal. It's a bunch of academic dudes hitting wrong chords. And the best sleep-aid for me.

The best thing they ever did was bringing dt to the US last year.

Last time I saw DT was too long ago. Actually, when they came through with Soilwork. I'm really itching to see this.

Too bad she's only coming to the one show. We'll see how they compare. If the seats suck as much as I'm afraid they might, then she'll have picked the better show. But I'm thinking we shouldn't care much for the seats - I can't imagine DT would be too happy with a seated crowd, anyway. Half the show is derived from the crowd's energy (a fun little infinite feedback loop). Anywho, off to Boston.

~kov.

...here are some previews of what hopefully will be offered in terms of merch on the upcoming tour. Just got the production samples and they look very good.

For the style conscious consumer of beverages, a D.T. emblazoned flask:

novelli_flask1.jpg

novelli_flask2.jpg

Belt buckle (sorry for crap photo):

novelli_belt_buckle.jpg

Necklaces:

novelli_neck.jpg

There will also be some different shirts as well.

FLASK!@!!!!

YESS!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRINK UP, ME HEARTIES, YO-HO!!!

:heh:

HOLY SHIT .... FLASK!!!!!!

Well, so much for not being an alcoholic. I'm gonna fucking drink just to keep that on me at all times.

Flask, belt buckle, and probably the pick necklace will be mine. Fucking awesome. This is gonna be great :D

~kov.