Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

I have to get on the railing tonight, where i was yesterday in philly the people were just standing around with blank expressions for DT, it was quite upsetting!

Not meeh. I was either one person behind or at the railing for most of the show on the right side of the stage, and I was fuckin into it. The crowd in general wasn't that great, but I've seen much worse. DT was still amazing.

I had an awesome good time with you guys, \m/ the show kicked ass. Mikael's Rush belt made me grin, it's awesome that he's a fan!

Nikkie I do believe I said I'd buy you a drink, I will make good on that sometime :)

I had an awesome good time with you guys, \m/ the show kicked ass. Mikael's Rush belt made me grin, it's awesome that he's a fan!

Nikkie I do believe I said I'd buy you a drink, I will make good on that sometime :)

Let me know the next time you're coming to Philly!

I'm new, but i'll skip introductions.

Got back from Jaxx. What can I say but, fucking amazing. It was me and my sister, then just me (if you saw me, I was wearing a black hoodie, a blue shirt with some text and a hand, and a little bit of a stache). We got to a huge line and talking to some people about DT and other metal bands, afterwards, there was a small split in the line, and I lucked out incredibly, getting to the backstage before everyone else. Afterwards, it was pretty straightfoward, show our tickets, get in.

Once I came in, I got immediately front in center, best seat in the house. Took some pictures watching the local band, Undaunted, set up. They played a decent set list. They got a decent mosh pit going on. There was this one chick filming them, then started filming me, this one guy, and these other two guys asking us how much we loved Undaunted.

Then Scar Symmetry clocks in around 7:00, their setlist was as follows:

Intro
Reborn
Slaves To The Subliminal
Chaosweaver
Abstracted
Mind Machine/The Path Of Least Resistance
Obscure Alliance
The Illusionist

I never exactly hear of Scar Symmetry except for Chaosweaver, but they have great stage prescence. When they were done, the guitarist held his guitar out, and I started grabbing it thinking he was gonna give it to me. Then they took off.

Into Eternity started setting up, I tell you, these guys are hilarious live. They have such great stage prescence. I remember trying to make the most angry faces possible just to get the lead singer to notice me. Totally crazy. I don't remember the exact setlist, but I know they played Spiralling Into Depression and Severe Emotional Distress.

Then the apex of the entire concert, DT came on, kicking it off with Terminus. The setlist was as follows.

Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
Final Resistance
Hedon
My Negation
The Wonders at Your Feet
The Sun Fired Blanks
Lost to Apathy
The Treason Wall
The Endless Feed
Focus Shift
Punish My Heaven
The Lesser Faith
Damage Done
The New Build

Mikael and friends were great. Mikael kept coming onto the rails, always in front of the audience, which was really great. Me and Mikael kept exchanging a few high fives. Funny guy, too. He was aware some of us already downloaded Fiction, but he was cool with that. I know some guys kept screaming for Dry Run, and they just smiled. The crowd was great, Springfield had such a huge DT fanbase, which made me smile 'cause from where I live not many know about DT. Highlights for me were Sun Fired Blanks, Punish My Heaven and Focus Shift.

By the end of the night, I was drenched in sweat, tired as hell and my head aching from so much banging. But it was worth it, every fucking moment I spent in there was worth it.

Oh, and I skipped the Haunted. Every time I see The Haunted, an At The Gates kitten dies. Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone asked for Blinded By Fear...

Anyway, peace.

Then Scar Symmetry clocks in around 7:00, their setlist was as follows:

Intro
Reborn
Slaves To The Subliminal
Chaosweaver
Abstracted
Mind Machine/The Path Of Least Resistance
Obscure Alliance
The Illusionist

I never exactly hear of Scar Symmetry except for Chaosweaver, but they have great stage prescence. When they were done, the guitarist held his guitar out, and I started grabbing it thinking he was gonna give it to me. Then they took off.

Thanks for the info! Great setlist from Scar Symmetry. I'm pumped as hell to see them. Thursday night is going to rock. :headbang:

It is D(t)-Day.

Too bad I won't be taking any pics with me and Mikael. With the condition my throat is in now, it's questionable if I should (not will, mind you) be going tonight, let alone taking pictures with the singer.

Hear that Mikael? If you see me across the room, just wave and run away. :p

In all seriousness, though, I'll probably be there around 6:30 or so. I'll be wearing my DT hoodie, and she'll probably be wearing my Damage Done shirt (with the hand on the back and "What Can You Tell Me of the Inside?").

See you all there.

~kov.

I barely can. We'll have to do lip-reading or have translators. I told people at work, "Gee, if this gets any worse, I may just call in sick tomorrow..." :heh:

Well, besides the fact that my neck does not feel any better at all, so there will be limited headbanging on my part, this should be awesome.

If I could only stop freaking out and checking my bag to make sure I have the tickets... every 15 minutes.

~kov.

EDIT: What row/seats do your tix say, just out of curiosity?

Oh, and I skipped the Haunted. Every time I see The Haunted, an At The Gates kitten dies. Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone asked for Blinded By Fear...

Second that. If/when I see the Haunted, I'll probably scream "Blinded by Fear" at them.

My girlfriend will be wearing her black Character DT hoody and I'll be wearing a black winter coat and a Character tour t-shirt. I probably won't be in the front but more in the middle, where the sound quality is a lot better.