Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

Hehe. It's funny, the section is general admission, but I'm in the second row... hooray for making sense!

Oh, I'm gonna need some help. I'm meeting some resistance on the 'flask' issue. Apparently "because it's badass" isn't a good enough reason. Although, if I do get it, I think I'm going to fill it with cough syrup and use it while sick this week. It'll help me feel cool while feeling miserable.

~kov.

EDIT: Apparently, I may show up a little (up to an hour) late. Blech.

haha, the flask is pretty badass i must say, but I couldnt afford to drop $25 for a flask and a shirt. The hoodie is really nice as well, im thinking of picking one up tonight and i definatly want the short sleeve shirt, as i went to buy it last night after DT finished but they were all sold out

haha sorry if i was confusing, i meant the flask and tee were each $25 seperatly... the hoodie is a brand new one, not a zip up but with a pocket in the middle. It said Dark Tranquillity on front with two skulls and the back said "nothing to no one" on the bottom. Im sure they'll have more mens shirts in tonight, usually they can only sell a certain amount at each show so i was just a little late in getting one

Definitely take some videos, man. Should be an awesome show.

Hrm. I think I'll probably wind up getting a hoodie or a t-shirt then. Maybe they'll have flasks left over to sell after the tour or something... :(

~kov.

Oh - quick question - what do they do with cameras if they don't allow them in the show? I.e., I bring a digital camera with me, they say I can't bring it in. Hrm, I guess I'm asking about a bag check of some kind, but I think I only ever saw something like that at BB Kings, and that was after the entrance.

As an update, I should be on line around 7. Perhaps I'll wind up getting in at 8, if she misses the first train into the city. In any case, don't expect me to shout "Hey there!" or something, as I can barely talk correctly.

And lastly - anyone hear anything to confirm/deny the rumors of seats at this place?

And I likely won't be drinking with this cold, so any pre-/post-show binging will have to be skipped. Unfortunately.

~kov. (Slowly going crazy for leaving his iPod at home. Lack of music makes Kov upset.)

The whole seat thing is really just a waste of space. At Jaxx we all stood. My seat was assigned 27 but I was in the front row, dead in center. Seating won't be an issue unless it's a huge ass venue.

As for cameras, I brought mine and took a bunch of pictures. I'll upload them and show you guys later today. If they don't allow it, they'll just take it and give the stuff back to you (unless you took pictures of the band already, then they'll take the card from your camera).

Enjoy yourself man, die happy.

Philly show was fun,awesome meeting you, Plintus and Kenneth R.:kickass:

here are some pics:

PB200084.jpg

PB200073.jpg

PB200080.jpg

PB200083.jpg

Whoa, he did lose a lot of weight! Hope he's ok...

And I'm officially an idiot. I scrolled back and forth across that first picture, wondering where the fuck the band was. Errrr....

Stupid cold messing with my head.

~kov.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks, rfe. I'll see if maybe she'll bring her camera. In any case, it seems like there will be other people with cameras around. Perhaps I will pester Plintus for a few shots.

And yeah, I don't know how the seating will go. Should be interesting regardless. Just sucks that the only band she'll probably like is The Haunted :p

I'm meeting some resistance on the 'flask' issue. Apparently "because it's badass" isn't a good enough reason.

This is probably dreadfully late, but I bought a flask (instead of a Tee because, as this can be attested, I am a big-ass dude and none of the shirts would probably fit, and also because stainless steel is hard break/rip/tear/stain/and otherwise destroy by overuse) and they are pretty damn awesome, of good quality, and easily utilized. Think of it as more of a permanent solution to the merchandise issue, as apposed to fabric that will eventually disintegrate.*

*But, unfortunately, you can melt this flask down, for it is not made of Dolomite ( see Futurama ). Also, I kind of splurged because I hardly ever get to shows, especially DT. On a final note, my neck is very much destroyed from headbanging, but it took two days for it to start hurting :p.

Not too late - I'm still at work :D.

I'll try my best for the flask, but she has a point. She knows I love hoodies, too, so I'll probably just grab a super big one to safeguard against shrinkage. (Just brought my old one with me, and it shrank hardcore the last time I washed it, apparently, so she'll probably be wearing it :( ).

~kov.

EDIT: And with my neck feeling this way, I'd sure as hell buy a brace :p

Man, I know how you feel. After Jaxx, a nice massage never felt more welcome than ever.

I definitely commiserate. I would get one from my g/f, but I brought her to the show. Her neck is just as bad! :p I think someone(s) stepped on us (random ankle injuries for both of us) during a spontaneous moshpit.

Also I bought a belt-buckle (a little juvenile, but I'm still in school and I wanted something I could wear semi-daily...also this reinforces the idea that I splurged), and those are very nice as well, shiny and also of good quality. They really don't look any different than the pics already posted, but they are definitely cool.

Kov: FLASK FTW!