Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

@Shane and Neurotic: yeah me too i'm quite surprised about that!!! and also the drummer played in Konkhra and the other guitar player (not the twin, the handsome one! :p :p :loco: ) plays in witchery...

@Shane: yeah me too, i prefer waaaaaaaaaaay too much Marco, both for the voice (i find it more aggressive and powerful, even if i had to admit that Dolving is capable of wider variations) both for the attitude, sometimes Dolving appears too be a lil loonie IMO! o_O :heh:
also yes made me do it is my fave album and Trespass is my fave song, i love that riff, its just pure energy imo!

about scar symmetry The Illusionist is a great song and the guy has a very nice voice both growling both warm when clean...

dtofficial said:
Just arrived to Worchester, MA and have devoured our daily donut-and-coffee breakfast. A decision to play "Icipher" live for the very first time has been taken, so hopefully it'll go down well. If not, it never happened.

W00t!!!!!! :kickass:

plintus, are you going to any of the other shows besides philly? A few freinds and i are going to be driving up to philly, probably arriving around 6... Hope to see everyone at the troc, its gonna be a great fucking night

Just got back from the Worcester Show. What an amazing experience. Mike was very palpable with the crowd. I think I shook his hand like 6 times. I tried running my fingers through his hair to pick a loose strand but that didn't work (I wasn't going to pull it). The band had a great stage presence and put on a solid set, as follows...

Terminus
Final Resistance
Hedon
My Negation
The Wonders at Your Feet
Lost to Apathy
The Sun Fired Blanks
The Treason Wall
The Endless Feed
Focus Shift
Punish My Heaven
Icipher
Damage Done
New Build

Note the exclusion of "White Noise/Black Silence" from the original Orlando setlist, and switching "The Lesser Faith" with "Icipher".

Just got back from the Worcester show. Crowd interaction was phenomenal, I shook his hand a few times. The new songs sounded great...I was so pumped after their set that I didn't want to stick around for The Haunted. Anyone know how they were?

Don't know if this has been posted -
poster_0703.jpg

I think for the first time, I am willing a band i see live to play all their new album (like Iron Maiden did).

Seriously, the album rocks, so for once i wouldnt be bothered at all with 70% of the show (or even 100%) beeing made of it

plintus, are you going to any of the other shows besides philly? A few freinds and i are going to be driving up to philly, probably arriving around 6... Hope to see everyone at the troc, its gonna be a great fucking night

You bet it will :D

I'm planning on Jaxx and NYC as well :)

EDIT: I originally had a link to the DT front page (evidencing the decision to play Icipher), but Plintus beat me to it by a mile...

Going to the Philly show tonight (as I've said about a million times)....sooooo excited.....

The Worcester show was the first time I got to see a full set from them. Incredible (though the sound in the Palladium isn't the greatest) My other times seeing them (opening for Opeth and at the New England Metal Fest) their sets were too short. I was psyched to hear a few favorites for the first time: Sun Fired Blanks, Endless Feed, Hedon. Focus Shift was powerful live--I'm definitely much more a fan of the song now. Icipher was a nice surprise but the piano wasn't clear enough to add the epic beauty of the studio version. The vibes were great throughout the set and Mikael really talked us up without being cheesy about it.

Anders was hanging out at the bar during the Haunted and we chatted a little. He said they'll probably be back in October touring with Chimaera, who he said were good and "sold a lot in the U.S." We also talked about his favorite places to play in the U.S., and he mentioned B.B. King's and the Jaxx, which is where they played a headline show last year, if memory serves me right. Hopefully they'll be able do a real headliner in the Fall.
I also caught Mikael--who looked really happy after the show--at the merch table and did a quick handshake, great show bit. Very gracious dealing with middle age fanboys.
I almost bought a flask, but after spending so much on drinks and tickets, I just couldn't rationalize it. The merch and shirts look good though.

Now tonight I go see Trouble. :cool:

^
Did they have necklaces!?

All you lucky bastards seeing them play Icipher. That's one of my favourite songs off Fiction (much jealousy here). Just out of curiosity... was the croud singing the new songs? :p

Great show last night in Worcester. Mikael was kidding with the crowd, calling us "pirate bastards" because so many people had heard the new album. He said he'd let it slide this one time. I think the sound was a little muddy, as it always seems to be at The Palladium. But out of all the bands there, Dark Tranquillity sounded the best. The best songs of the night were Hedon, My Negation and The Sun Fired Blanks. And I only listened to Fiction one time about a month ago, but I did recognize the new tracks they played. They all sounded awesome, particularly Icipher.

And the Haunted seemed to play forever. I've never been a big fan, but they sounded pretty good last night. But after an hour, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. They did some type of half assed encore, because nobody was really chanting for them to come back on stage. But they came anyway and played a few more songs. Through most of their set, the people around me were just screaming for At the Gates songs.

Overall, it was a pretty good night. But the best Dark Tranquillity show I went to was in 2005, when the played with Soilwork and most importantly, Hypocrisy.