Dark Tranquillity U.S./Canadian Tour 2007

Jeebus, if they don't take the hint the first time or two, it's acceptable to respond with a gauntlet to the crotch.

And I wouldn't recommend pushing back with your ass. To some, that might be construed as 'liking it'. And, as most metal guys I've seen at shows wind up being decent dudes, you could always just tell him off, and chances are there would be plenty around to defend your case.

I second that - never push back with your ass! Next time you have a problem like that, tell him to stop. If he continues, give him a swift kick with some steel toed boots in the crotch, or maybe a knee if there's not enough space. Even though I'm a man, I believe women have a right to defend themselves by any means necessary from this kind of crap.

On another note: ever since the DT show (March 26), I've been listening to DT exclusively, all the time, non-stop, every day! Anyone else having that issue?

On another note: ever since the DT show (March 26), I've been listening to DT exclusively, all the time, non-stop, every day! Anyone else having that issue?

hahaha yes I am having this problem also! I've been ordering DT cds off ebay lately, building up my collection! It's like a drug, a very very good Dark and Tranquill drug! I love it.:headbang:

Tonight is THE night!
I apologize in advance for knocking down anyone that gets in my way of the front and center spot
:)

large1614.gif

PLEASE Don't tell me he shouts "Elevation" as well..

Nah, he just goes into "a vicious curse" :)

The band sounds great in my clips. I think seeing them perform in a good venue creates a more favorable impression. Kudos to Mikael for not using vocal effects during the live performance, or at least none that my ears could discern. He really knows how to work the crowd and he sounds better to my ears than what recent memory holds.

Three clips were taken during their set. One was taken from the middle of the floor during The Endless Feed*. This one is probably best overall for sound quality and crowd participation, especially during the "my fear compels me" part. As mentioned before, the video quality is rather dark for all of them until the lights go up more. Raising the brightness control slightly during playback in WMP seems to help a bit. When the brightness is increased you can see a crowd surfer come up from behind me and jump into the crowd shortly after the clip starts to roll. It looks like a small female but I really cannot tell for sure. :D TEF clip is not the entire song. It's about 1/2 way through when it starts but it does continue to the end. The video for this one is a bit shaky and the framing gets off sometimes. The audio is pretty good though. The shakiness usually happens when moving around while holding the camera overhead. I can't see what's in the LED screen in that situation so I just hold it up and shoot hoping for the best. Also, I try not to vocalize while it's rolling but sometimes it can't be helped and it slips out. Therefore, some of you may be able to hear a weak small voice screaming "we're all dooooomed!" in this clip. :loco:

The second and third clips were taken from the balcony. The second one contains the tail-end of Damage Done and then proceeds into some in-between song banter from Mikael where he tells us that they'll do their best to come back after Fiction is officially released, some other stuff about the bands that played before and about The 'Fucking' Haunted coming up, then he tells Anders to "hit it" and they rip into The New Build*. Unfortunately the memory stick filled up during the middle of the song. When I was trying to flip the tiny button on the back to use the other half of the stick a buddy came up trying to tell me something, so I was fumbling even more and ended up flipping the 'lock' button by mistake. I finally got the camera rolling again right before "a space invaded a face evaded..." (we're space invaders? :lol: ) This one rolls through to the cold end of the outro and then a short section of some lackluster applause can be heard, which is sort of strange considering the enthusiasm during the "my fear compels me" part. Oh well. Perhaps everyone was drained after giving it their all during the set. I dunno. *shrugs*

A clip from The Haunted's set, a portion of In Vein* has also been posted for those who may be interested (KitKat? Dafne? :) ). I think I can hear some vocal effects going on in this song, but it still kicks ass!

The clips turned out ok I guess but I need to work on getting more light in. I've tried using settings other than 'auto' before but the results were even less desirable. Guess I'll have to keep working on it. Anyway, I've just uploaded the clips to my site and out the kindness of my heart ;) I'm now sharing the links here first, with all the fine folks at the DT Forum. Hope you enjoy (part of) the show.

Thanks for visiting,

Rebecca

(NOTE: *The .mpg files are ~ 60-70 MB each, so high-speed connection is recommended.)

Tonight's show was wild.... lol, wackiest show i've been to. The Sound guys were all dressed up as male nurses and there was pron everywhere. Looks like they were having a little bit of fun on the last night of the tour and I really enjoyed it. Oh, and the mickey mouse hands, HA HA . Great show and got to shake Martin H's during the Haunted's set, outside by the bus. I had a lot of fun! DT always puts me in a good mood when I see them live.