Dead End Kings

Heheh)) I've read the thread and got that only things Katatonia listener is allowed to write here are like "OMG, what a great cover! It's gonna be great album! I can't wait! What a great cover art!!!!" Because "the Band doesn't owe you anything!" ))))))))))

Anyways... it's gonnabe great album, I'm sure. Can wait tho.

The only thing I have against singles and b-sides - sometimes it is recorded with worse quality. "Wait outside" for example. Good song "Help me disappear" sounds like shite.

And the cover art... I dislike the crow, but I am completely charmed with railroad columns by the forest=) Seems like I stuck a little in Tonight's Decision/LFDGD theme)) Newer material doesn't touch me so deep. I do not blame the band, I just wait for something that will have equal impact to my soul=)

My goodness. All this thread taught me is that FlawedCoil can whine like HELL... And I came in here hoping to be sucked up in the excitement for the new album :s

There's no room for excitement in DOOM Metal, only the dark, depressing GLOOM, and negative aspects !!! rahahahah:devil:

Semi Hi-Res

Katcvr1fltF-1024x1024.jpg

I can't help but notice that the dead bird's ribcage is see-through, but all you see is plain white behind it, instead of being able to see the trees and the grey landscape.

This is almost as much of a tragedy as the band only putting 11 songs on the album! :lol:

What do you expect? That we like everything you do and not respond like you do? Get over it that some here dig extreme metal in whatever form and we get over that you like breaking fucking benjamin.

Very convenient that you missed where the music I liked was attacked first.

Oh well, like you said it is pointless. I do not belong within the Katatonia fanbase. I'll just keep enjoying their music from a distance and stop trying to offer differing opinions, since those are simply not welcome within their fanbase. If anyone wishes to continue, do it in PM. I'm not contributing to the corruption of this thread any further. So let's just drop it here and allow the thread to get back on topic.

I can't help but notice that the dead bird's ribcage is see-through, but all you see is plain white behind it, instead of being able to see the trees and the grey landscape.

This is almost as much of a tragedy as the band only putting 11 songs on the album! :lol:
In fact, the artwork IS quite a tragedy imo when I see it in hi-res :ill:
I have all the confidence that they will deliver a great album once again though, that's what counts. Even though it's only 11 songs :(

Can you please explain the logic where it is alright for people to trash the music that I listen/listened to, however it is NOT alright for me to do the same? That seems rather biased to me....

Also, I am over the 11 track argument as Sodomizer put that matter to rest. I'll just have to work around it as I always do with virtually every album released today. No big deal.

This is true. Why people feel the need to bash music that others like that they don't feel is 'cool' is pointless. It is a totally ego dominated behavior, and also really just being a dick, no matter how you try to spin it. I listen to very mainstream music, as well as the most underground stuff I can find. I just don't give a shit what some douche on a forum says anymore: if the music makes me happy, that is the end of it. You should feel the same way!

Very excited about the new album. Don't particularly like the artwork, definitely not one of Smith's best works, too random/abstract for me.

But the music is what counts, can't wait to hear it.

EDIT: nice powerful title btw!