Deadwing

dreamingneonblack said:
Waukesha...what are you guys like?

Well our first song (mp3 on our website, url in sig) has been said to pretty blatantly sound like Nevermore, but our more recent material has branched out a bit, there's influence from a lot of different power/prog bands, but it's all pretty metal. Not sure how to describe it beyond that. We're based in Madison but once we have our CD done we should be playing out of town more, Milwaukee, Chicago, etc.

Talented band, but I haven't liked anything I've ever heard PT do. I own In Absentia, and didn't like it and didn't care for what I've heard off this album. I'm not going to be one of those "OMG this band sucks!" kind of people, I do think they're talented. I just don't enjoy what I've heard.

Glad someone can have an opinion like that, most of the time people think you have to like a band to appreciate that they do their work well.

Random Beard said:
Glad someone can have an opinion like that, most of the time people think you have to like a band to appreciate that they do their work well.

Yeah, and I have some other Steven Wilson stuff and I didn't care for it either. I don't doubt at all that he's very talented, it just doesn't grab me.

Matt Lee said:
Well our first song (mp3 on our website, url in sig) has been said to pretty blatantly sound like Nevermore, but our more recent material has branched out a bit, there's influence from a lot of different power/prog bands, but it's all pretty metal. Not sure how to describe it beyond that. We're based in Madison but once we have our CD done we should be playing out of town more, Milwaukee, Chicago, etc.

Hell Yeah! You will be playing with my band in Chicago. I really need to call Raven about that!!!

PT do infact kick lots of ass. I saw them twice last year on the IA tour and they were SOLID. I am actually let down by the new album. It has some fantastic tracks...Lazarus is a beautiful piece of music albeit a bit repetitive. I like Stupid Dream the best and then IA. Gravity Eyelids is one of the best songs they've ever written...creepy and fucking awesome! Other favourites are Stranger by the Minute, Even Less, Russia On Ice, Last Chance to Evacuate....Blackest Eyes, etc etc etc...

Even though I am not too find of the new album thus far, the band are pretty much incapable of writing bad music, along with Devin Townsend and the mighty metal force ...Nevermore!