Tool 10,000 Days

Sorrowed

Maiden the USA
Nov 10, 2005
Purgatory , Washington ( State )
Hey I dont know if you talked about this cd yet but I had to post my opinion
1st off I really like Tool , Good drummer , bassist , guitarplayer..Im not sure if Maynards Vox is God like and all that people say but I must say from just the musicians view Tools talented, progressive and some of the best new shit Ive heard .. and I have heard Tool influances in alot of new music ,off the top of my head .. Porcupine Tree's Deadwing has a Tool feel in it. ..anyway 1st thing I thought oh shit please not another Lateralus or Aenima but its not , even the mellow tunes are kick ass ( wings for Marie PT1 & 2 Im happy I didnt skip through like I usally do ) the added thunderstorm is killer on surround sound...but the highlight for me was the song/s..The Pot & Right In Two ..the lyrics are dark and made me think..I hope Tools fans will enjoy this cd I know I do ... two horns up for just being deep, haunting & beautiful:Shedevil:

Sorrowed said:
Hey I dont know if you talked about this cd yet but I had to post my opinion
1st off I really like Tool , Good drummer , bassist , guitarplayer..Im not sure if Maynards Vox is God like and all that people say but I must say from just the musicians view Tools talented, progressive and some of the best new shit Ive heard .. and I have heard Tool influances in alot of new music ,off the top of my head .. Porcupine Tree's Deadwing has a Tool feel in it. ..anyway 1st thing I thought oh shit please not another Lateralus or Aenima but its not , even the mellow tunes are kick ass ( wings for Marie PT1 & 2 Im happy I didnt skip through like I usally do ) the added thunderstorm is killer on surround sound...but the highlight for me was the song/s..The Pot & Right In Two ..the lyrics are dark and made me think..I hope Tools fans will enjoy this cd I know I do ... two horns up for just being deep, haunting & beautiful:Shedevil:
it's fucking amazing, you're right

I like to think of 10,000 Days like this (at least based off of the four or so listens I have given it): Take the basic Tool sound, make a new album with fresh songs, and then subtract all of the filler that you always have to skip over in the rest of Tool's albums. There are two songs which could be considered filler, but they make sense when you listen to the album as a whole and contribute to the flow. It could possibly be their best, but I still need to give it many more listens to determine that.

It's a great album. I think Lateralus just pips it as my favourite tool record.

Sometimes it's nice to appreciate an album as an entire work. Musically, lyrically and visually Tool make some great stuff. The Alex Grey association is how I first got into them, and the whole area the explore with the music is fantastic.

It's also just heavy/groovy and most funky. :D

First impression: Really very good album!
Better than the other albums in my opinion, but it's far too early to really state that. I don't think my opinion will change though!
The whole atmosphere of the album sounds sooo good, very detailled so to say.
The music is like the artwork, really mesmerizing and beautiful.
The artwork (done by Alex Grey) is -like someone said- out of this world, haha.
Cool thing is, you really get into the artwork, literally...:lol:
I'm a bit obsessed by it right now...hahaaha... beautiful photos toooo:)

Vincent J. said:
the artwork, really mesmerizing and beautiful.
The artwork (done by Alex Grey) is -like someone said- out of this world, haha.
Cool thing is, you really get into the artwork, literally...:lol:
most uniquely packaged CD I've seen in quite a while. The whole visual experience through the whatever kind of lenses/googles they are is pretty awesome.

Pretty incredible album, completely trounces Lateralus in my book. The song(s) 10,000 Days pt. 1 and 2 might be the greatest thing they've ever done.

Does anyone else not find tool progressive ?. The band is good at what they do regardless.

nothing they haven't done before. they got more filler shit than songs. 4 minutes of barely anything and then a song. nothing wrong with the filler, it provides great atmospheric/mood music. but as far as actual songs and enjoyment value, there is little. the first two songs are the best and they seem just like copies of the aenima (46&2 specifically) formula mixed with lateralis (schism). the rest of the album is okay. it'll have like 4 minutes of silence then bam have a really cool part for 2 minutes then nothing agian. like i said, if you like experimental tool and mood music and shit, then buy it. if you want metal and oldschool tool, and something you haven't heard before don't get it. i downloaded it listened a few times and then deleted it. thats how much i enjoyed it.

I saw them last night. First show of their "warm-up" tour and they played pretty much flawlessly. Maynard nailed EVERYTHING. I didn't hear him waver in pitch at all.

This was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, the cd is awesome too. My favorites so far ar Jambi and The Pot, both of which were AWESOME live!

My third eye is thoroughly squeegee'd ;)

I am really enjoying the album so far. I enjoyed APC for what it was and everything, but it wasn't TOOL. This album seems to be the most linear that they've done since Undertow. It really flows along like a story musically. Aenima and Lateralus just seemed to skip around a bit to me. They felt like a bunch of great singles put together on one album, while this is more like the great album that could be broken into singles. 10,000 Days has a flow to it that makes it so nice when you have time to sit down and listen to it in its entirety. The only thing missing for me is a chance to see them perform it live.

Overall, I would have to say I'm pleased. I just don't like the thought of having to wait another half of a decade for the next release.

Oh yeah. Anyone know when we're going to get one of their crazy videos?