Tool 10,000 Days

SSJ4SephirothX said:
I hear you don't know how to spell anything correctly.

NP: Opeth - In Mist She Was Standing
I could have used the "i", but I find "weener" funnier. I'm sorry you fucking grammar fascist piece of shit. Get a life, loser.

zmetallica said:
blue sky: i'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, but what do you know about music that you can say me and my friend don't know shit about it?
Well I dunno maybe because I play 4 instruments my main one being drums and have gone to college for music and know my way around pro tools but you know? Would you like me to go through all the time signatures including poly rhythms, rudiments, fills, the triggers he uses etc. etc. that he does on each cd?

na it is okay, cause i hear the stuff, and i am in school as well for music i know my around protools as well along with many other softwares out there. and i also play multiple instruments, but it really doesn't matter. i think what we are disagreeing with is what we think he does is so great. i don't really think he's much better than an average professional drummer, which is more than i can say for many bands that are mainstream. also i find that the latest record is over produced and that is mostly what shines about it. as a record as a whole i guess it is okay. for a tool record and going into a song by song i find that most of them are weak.
anyway danny shined most on their first three records. he seems to have a lot of talent of being able to get a good groove going. but that doesn't make him really stand out for me, since i feel that most REAL drummers should be able to do that stuff. just as most musicians. maybe i just have gotten high standards these past few years from hearing so much of the same crap thrown at me.
one of the few things i think he does well is his use poly rhythmic phrases, but thats not THAT much going for him as a player. i've heard some local guys in bands do some crazy poly rythmic fills and grooves with their feet and hands that make danny look like what he is.
also like i said before, i find most of his stuff the same. anyone can get good at something and make it sound good then not do anything else. i'm not saying danny does this, but he needs to do more stuff. on this record he did change it up on a few songs, but why not all? he's had some of the same grooves for a while now. overall what i think i'm trying to say is that he peaked at aenema, which pretty early to peak.
listen to van on the latest nevermore album, and compare it to earlier nevermore works (DNB and earlier), he's improved a great deal. you can tell he's still putting time to learn new things and incorperate it into his style. i'm talking about musicianship and songwriting here.

BlueSky said:
Well I dunno maybe because I play 4 instruments my main one being drums and have gone to college for music and know my way around pro tools but you know? Would you like me to go through all the time signatures including poly rhythms, rudiments, fills, the triggers he uses etc. etc. that he does on each cd?

No fighting, why can't we all just be friends? Everyone has their opinions whether or not they can back them, and everyone can back their opinions with their own experience, which differs from person to person.

hah! you got me you damn tree hugger!

We're just conversing anyhow. In the end I know he is amazing and thats all that matters to me.

NinjaKitten said:
I was totally thinking that the other day. Theyre doing the really psychedelic thing that Floyd did, and they do it well.

When I first heard the new album, I didnt really know what to think, its extremely different. Now I love it though! Im a fan of the pot, and yea, the packaging rules too!

Also, I just got back from the concert in seattle. Best show Ive ever been to in my life I would have to say.
:headbang:
im serious about the PF thing though...i stated that years ago...they just seem to mirror what PF had been doing except Tool hasnt made a movie yet..and they dont have as many records...but other than that, YEP!
glad you loved the show! I heard you could have got more memory for your PC but decided to see Tool instead! :p

How many songs about anal intercourse did they put on this new album? They're usually good for at least one...and maybe one about fisting/felching! Done quite tastefully and polyrythmically, of course.

Maharet said:
:headbang:
im serious about the PF thing though...i stated that years ago...they just seem to mirror what PF had been doing except Tool hasnt made a movie yet..and they dont have as many records...but other than that, YEP!
glad you loved the show! I heard you could have got more memory for your PC but decided to see Tool instead! :p

hahahaha, yea, I gave up more than PC memory to see that show! :lol:

So am I the only one here that's ever synced up Aenima and Nightmare Before Christmas (a la dark side of the moon/wizard of oz style) ???

It is quite the experience, for sure. DO IT.

Chromatose said:
So am I the only one here that's ever synced up Aenima and Nightmare Before Christmas (a la dark side of the moon/wizard of oz style) ???

It is quite the experience, for sure. DO IT.

I have that DVD... and that CD. I guess Ill have to try that out.

I can't remember exactly what I figured out as the best match up. It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I think the first scene of the movie is one of the trees? The Halloween one? Pause it there, right as the movie fades in.
Start up the cd and pause it so it doesn't have to spin up when you press play, and then resume both at once. The first 30 minutes are so are such a delightful coincidence that they play so well together, and then the rest doesn't really sync up so much. Of course it's still fun to watch. There's a few moments that could make you go "OH HA HA WACKYYYYYYYY" like when die eier von satan is going and they're in the scientist's lab, machines moving (hey it's a stretch, but it works) And then there's some very spectacular coincidences while third eye is starting up and the last scene of the movie are going. I'll have to give it a try again tonight to see if I have the starting point optimized (I've tried several methods).

And thennnnn

Credits Roll, cue vocals of:

So good to see you
I've missed you so much
so glad it's over..........

NinjaKitten said:
cool! does it really end at the exact same time? I thought the movie would have been longer

About the same length!

OK think I got it. Right as the title fades and the first scene fades in, that's when you start the cd.

good cd so far... still have to listen to it more... Maynard's vocals are pretty damn good... but definately not gonna disappoint me with this cd. glad i got it.